Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New HF angle grinder
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 07:17 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback
you know, I searched the site and couldn't find one that had a plastic gear housing... I thought I found it (black head) and the description clearly said that it was aluminum.

It's not the entire housing, just the bottom part that holds the main shaft bearing, the main gearbox housing is still Aluminum but that won't matter much if the plastic bottom part fails. I am sure any description will still say it is an Aluminum gear housing, I guess it could still be described as an Aluminum box- sort of anyway.

The "Drill Master" angle grinders are total junk right out of the box and they always have been! The biggest problem with them is that they used bushings instead of bearings but the whole thing is so cheaply built it is almost comical. Put any kind of pressure on one of those things and you will let the smoke out of the motor in a hurry, that is if you can get the gearbox to last more than a few minutes, don't bother with a "Drill Master" grinder even if they give them away for free!