New Hi-perf Chevy block?? - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 07:09 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327 View Post
So what is YOUR stake in this? No one I know of (who's not mentally ill) goes to that length (credit and background/legal checks/court transcripts, setting up a website, etc.) unless they have an agenda of their own of SOME sort... what I mean is, there are not too many altruistic individuals who would go to such lengths unless there's more to it than just to expose someone for being opinionated.

In my experience, there's usually money or a woman involved in cases like this, and I'm leaning towards money.
We spoke a while back, when you were looking at injectors, don't know if you remember. Few years back. I dont think you'd say I'd come off as a wack job. Although some may differ.

You know what cobalt. This industry is full of snake oil salesmen. I see it time after time. When I went to work for World, which was about a year, I found out the hard way that it is far worse than I thought. Its an epidemic.

All these magazine articles you see talking about how great one product is over another, or how this product beat that product in a "shootout". Rest assured they are all rigged. Check the amount of advertising done by these companies that "win"". Would you believe that the manufacturer can write the article, have their brand be best, and gets published as an honest to god test.

I have simply seen too much of it. And it is about money and it is about creating a false god. On one forum I finally got sick of hearing someones lies and distortions and called them out. Turns out that person had three logins and was praising himself as a genius. When he was exposed he was run out of town on a rail. And that made that forum a better place.

Forums, in some cases, exist for the weaker constitutions to build oneself up as a subject matter expert and play god because they can't in real life.

All I ask is that someone tell the truth. While with World I saw Carl put in public lies, distortions, and blame everyone else for his incompetence. So if he's going to promote himself as an expert, I'm going to check into his background.

Why? You're right. MONEY. People spend money on parts. Good money, and in this economy, money that is getting harder and harder to come by.

So as I read Carls rants I find that he trashes every company he sees as competition. By setting himself up as a subject matter expert, falsely, makes his opinion more valueable than someone elses. Problem is I don't accept him as a subject matter expert. Nor do a lot of people. It's not an illusion. Go look him up around the internet. If someone brings up something he doesnt' carry, he says they are junk, makes up reasons, and then says "buy for me". Reminds me of the Simpsons when the mayor is in the hotel with a prostitute and sticks his head out the door and says "vote Quimby"...

My crusade is personal in some respects. I feel I was outright lied to by a manufacturer to take my money. That is the common thread. Carl is doing the same thing. And every time I see it, it drives me nuts.

I think it's only fair that someone doling out advice as if they are Pat Musi needs to put their credentials on the table, truthfully. And Carl just isn't doing that. If you think he was building engines and machining blocks at 14, thats up to you. Anyone with experience and knowledge knows he's not straight. I spoke directly to the guy who taught him how to use the Sunnen machines. One day he was hanging around the shop, next day he has his shingles out, and it wasnt 38 years ago. People have been sending me emails off that site, and calling me about it. Lots of people, all have the same thing in common. Know that Carl is a fraud.

So you're right. It is about money. But not MY money. Your money, some 18 year old kid's money who gets on a forum looking for sage advice, and gets a guy like Carl who is more interested in selling stuff and building up his ego than giving help. Or at least steering them away from parts he doesn't like, regardless if it's the right one. And it's fine that he has preferences, but the way he promotes those preferences is down right sleezy in my opinion.

And his tactics are tasteless. He's gotten his but handed to him in threads when his lack of knowledge became evident. I just got tired of Carl's lies when I worked for World and took it upon myself to do that. It was all on me, personally, had nothing to do with World. Then I saw him trash Probe, and others, and sealed my resolve. There are nothing wrong with the products he likes to trash, they make thousands of products a year, if they were that bad, they'd be out of business.

Carl goes around the internet saying "this product sucks and I'm such an expert I figured it out".....it's an ego thing.

I hope this clears it up, and I hope this is the last post on the issue. All I ever asked for in this business is truth, and sometimes there is very little of it.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 08:09 PM
CNC Blocks Northeast

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327 View Post
So what is YOUR stake in this? No one I know of (who's not mentally ill) goes to that length (credit and background/legal checks/court transcripts, setting up a website, etc.) unless they have an agenda of their own of SOME sort... what I mean is, there are not too many altruistic individuals who would go to such lengths unless there's more to it than just to expose someone for being opinionated.

In my experience, there's usually money or a woman involved in cases like this, and I'm leaning towards money.
He is just a cry baby that was a marketing tool for World Products and he lost that job I wonder why.

He is nothing but a stalker LOL.

And thrown of how many websites now for stalking me and trying to bad mouth.

My first V/8 build was at 14 years old do the math and I have been working with engines ever since.

Once my website is done it should clear everythine up and John can cry about something else.

I still don't get the part about some dying and stealing from them.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:55 PM

Last photo:

cnc blocks

Carl, there is something seriously NOT right with you.

with the kind of crap you have spammed all over some forums (and being banned on others) I would not trust or spend 2 cents with ANY business that goes/does what you have.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:06 PM
CNC Blocks Northeast

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazoom View Post
Carl, there is something seriously NOT right with you.

with the kind of crap you have spammed all over some forums (and being banned on others) I would not trust or spend 2 cents with ANY business that goes/does what you have.
I don't think I have been writing spam on any of the forums but speek the truth, Jonh Supino and you don't like the truth LOL.

2 forums is not to bad for 9 years. Look how many John Supino and Butch Moffatt have been booted of from spamming LOL.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:09 PM

Last photo:

No carl, your not speaking the truth. You claim to have ONE odd ball reject block that youve based ALL your "china junk" propaganda off of... and yet guys have been putting 1000/1200+HP through china cast cranks, rods and Blocks now for over 5 years now with NO problems.

I was looking at buying a SHP W block recently but when I DID MY OWN home work on it looking at the diffrent block options I desided to buy one of the china w blocks instead as it offered me more bang for my buck. Because some guys deside to buy china blocks, cranks, rods or other parts is NO reason to slam/bully them for it.

Last edited by Kazoom; 02-06-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

bu china junk if you want.. I will not..
I support jobs here.. I don't support SLAVERY, and buying goods from china, is supporting SLAVERY, you can spin it any way you want to..
Apple, is in hot water as they are say'n they (wink wink) had no idea.. even tho, employees of apple was at the factory all the time..
AMERICA still supports SLAVERY.. you vote for it with your cheap ***** ways..
when I have a choice, I'll always buy made here.. or anyother country's goods that don't allow slave labor CAMPS..

buying this garbage is not a "bang for your buck" only a fool thinks so..
Old 02-07-2013, 12:09 AM

Last photo:

You're right at 2 yrs. late on this CNC
Old 02-07-2013, 02:33 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
bu china junk if you want.. I will not..
I support jobs here.. I don't support SLAVERY, and buying goods from china, is supporting SLAVERY, you can spin it any way you want to..
Apple, is in hot water as they are say'n they (wink wink) had no idea.. even tho, employees of apple was at the factory all the time..
AMERICA still supports SLAVERY.. you vote for it with your cheap ***** ways..
when I have a choice, I'll always buy made here.. or anyother country's goods that don't allow slave labor CAMPS..

buying this garbage is not a "bang for your buck" only a fool thinks so..

OH AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY WE HAVE THE ECONOMY THAT WE HAVE, cause fools keep supporting everyone elses, but, our own..
Old 02-07-2013, 04:35 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCRMAN@aol.com View Post
Late this afternoon, a customer dropped of a new aftermkt SBC block. This thing is beautiful. The casting and machine work is top of the line. Far better than the DART blocks we get in.

I asked the customer what it was and he said he got it from ProComp.. He thought that it was an australlian casting.

Has anyone had experience with these blocks??

When I get to the shop tomorrow I will do some research.
I notice the posting above is dated 2011, also the poster seems to be still posting on this forum since then, maybe he would give us an update as to how the " beautiful" looking engine block turned out when built into an engine .The NET is full of success storys concerning Dart blocks , yet I do not see any similar results posted on the NET with Chineseum Blocks , a Google search will just highlight " poor quality" with most Chinese stuff.
Maybe JSUP ,would be kind enough to resist disecting my brief post and adding his unusual "slant" to things.Everyone knows your opinion JSUP by now, and I do know all about free speech /freedom of the press ETC.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:21 AM

Last photo:

gearheadslife, sorry you got things way wrong, no slave labor camps and they dont eat there babys there either. I guess you must of forgot about americas black slavery?, you guys got plenty of problems of your own down there, just plain silly to blame other countrys for it, btw you do realise that 90+% of the cranks and rods in the perf industry are coming from asia right? you know you are also posting on a asian made computer right?.

technicaltom, fact is there have been issues/complaints with dart blocks cracking, casting flaws or too being soft on the net also which is one of the reasons I looked at the other block offerings. I also seen plenty of guys running asian blocks on the net. We have a bunch of them running fine up here too, guys I know are running them in offroad/mudder trucks and beat/thrash the crap out of them. Myself I also got 3 of my own built (these castings are nice too) by a excellent AMERICAN company that I have continualy spent thousands of dollars with, very happy to support and spend my money with non racist american companys/businesses down there and I will continue to support and spend my money with these great american companys.

Last edited by Kazoom; 02-07-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:46 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
gearheadslife, sorry you got things way wrong, no slave labor camps and they dont eat there babys there either. I guess you must of forgot about americas black slavery?, you guys got plenty of problems of your own down there, just plain silly to blame other countrys for it, btw you do realise that 90+% of the cranks and rods in the perf industry are coming from asia right? you know you are also posting on a asian made computer right?.

technicaltom, fact is there have been issues/complaints with dart blocks cracking, casting flaws or too being soft on the net also which is one of the reasons I looked at the other block offerings. I also seen plenty of guys running asian blocks on the net. We have a bunch of them running fine up here too, guys I know are running them in offroad/mudder trucks and beat/thrash the crap out of them. Myself I also got 3 of my own built (these castings are nice too) by a excellent AMERICAN company that I have continualy spent thousands of dollars with, very happy to support and spend my money with non racist american companys/businesses down there and I will continue to support and spend my money with these great american companys.
3 in my family go there on biz. all the time.. it is slave labor and slave labor camps... We've see then first hand...
Americans support slavery because it's out of their sight. so that makes it ok.. just like the greenies that force regs on biz. here then because the polution os out of their sight by junk from china/etc..
I sir will not partake in this.. unless there is no other option..PERIOD!!!
unless you've been to these factories, unanounced.. you don't know what you are talking about... it's slave labor.. with no reguard for the humans doing the work..
Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 AM
King of my Man-cave.

Last photo:

Jsup was banned from SpeedTalk for being an asshat. The owner of the site gave him a lot of rope.

Carl is still posting there (good, usable info). Do I agree with EVERYTHING he says. Not always. But I'll take his word over Jsup's any and every day.

tom
Old 02-07-2013, 08:11 AM

Last photo:

Its a 2 way street And I would not take advise from ANY racist like carl that has also been banned from forums.

gearheadslife, I got some problems with things you said...("in my family go there on biz. all the time')...("will not partake in this')... but what ever, is a free world right lol. Its interesting what you claim, have you seen the slaves building the china disneyland resort over there too??? lol... its a really nice place! lol.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:16 AM
CNC Blocks Northeast

Last photo:

Quote:
Its a 2 way street And I would not take advise from ANY racist like carl that has also been banned from forums.

gearheadslife, I got some problems with things you said...("in my family go there on biz. all the time')...("will not partake in this')... but what ever, is a free world right lol. Its interesting what you claim, have you seen the slaves building the china disneyland resort over there too??? lol... its a really nice place! lol.

I have never been considered a racist yet, Thats Interesting

How many sites have you been thrown off??
Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 AM

Last photo:

not as many as you carl, and nope, canada is a multicultural country , we get along/respect ALL races/types of humans as we ALL have a right to be on this planet.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.