New Hi-perf Chevy block?? - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Wow two years old and still on fire.

I have not seen or herd from anyone anwhere that can prove to me that procomps are made in china. Just FYI china sucks at casting aluminum. Unless a big company went over there with tooling and major experts its not going to happen. It would also still cost more to make them in china as they are reasource poor country. The main reason the us supports them at all.

Now aussys on the other hand have a division of GM in au and it does make blocks from factory molds. It would not suprise me if they sell these castings to companies all over the world for rebranding.

I have a set of procomp heads they look great but they do not say made in china on them anywhere.

Now I dont care where they are made if they work well and are worth buying. You may find out many of the US companies actualy cast there products in cananda.

So stop talking out your arse and go look into where the products are made. All us companies have stamped and injection molded parts made in china and the final product may say made in the usa but it may still contain china made parts. Find out for sure before you start talking would be best. all this fluff on this post and not one person can say for sure where the blocks or heads are made. Lets have some facts at least. And stop the bashing of other forum members over rumors and bad guesses. Find atleast one fact that prove procomp heads or blocks are cast in china.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 09:12 AM

Last photo:

parts on my harleys are made in china... Im not going to kill myself over it lol

my friends and family drive cars with factory china parts in them, its the way she goes boys.

its 2013... and a diffrent world out there today.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:56 AM
King of my Man-cave.

Last photo:

Carl is a racist?

Now THAT's a leap.

tom
Old 02-07-2013, 12:02 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazoom View Post
Its a 2 way street And I would not take advise from ANY racist like carl that has also been banned from forums.

gearheadslife, I got some problems with things you said...("in my family go there on biz. all the time')...("will not partake in this')... but what ever, is a free world right lol. Its interesting what you claim, have you seen the slaves building the china disneyland resort over there too??? lol... its a really nice place! lol.

would you call working 18 hour days, one break, for what is = to five bucks in the usa.. whould you.. I'd call that slave labor.. at least slaves in america got a roof and food.. my uncles are over there all the time, they have photo's of 12y/o working all day .. thats the real china.. untill you show up at a factory unanounced.. and see the crap they put workers through. you should read up.. apple just (wink wink) found out workers in china where allowed one bathroom break durring their 16 your days.. and 1 15minute break thats IT.. they also found workers as young as 10 working 16 hour days..
unless you are willing to work for the same peanut wage and hours.. you shouldn't be supporting that type labor.. otherwise you support slavery..
Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 PM
CNC Blocks Northeast

Last photo:

Quote:
parts on my harleys are made in china... Im not going to kill myself over it lol

my friends and family drive cars with factory china parts in them, its the way she goes boys.

its 2013... and a diffrent world out there today.
Are you the same Kazoom in these threads

PRO-RACE SBC 4 BOLT BLOCK--COPY of DART LIL M - Yellow Bullet Forums

Any info on RPM MAXX windsor blocks? - Yellow Bullet Forums

info on new arrow cleveland block - Yellow Bullet Forums
Old 02-07-2013, 12:36 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
all this fluff on this post and not one person can say for sure where the blocks or heads are made. Lets have some facts at least.
From post #17.

Gm V8 Cylinder Block - Buy Gm V8 Cylinder Block,Cylinder Block,Engine Parts Product on Alibaba.com
Old 02-07-2013, 12:59 PM

Last photo:

REALLY CARL???... You REALLY??? need to ask???

There you go again with your manipulative bs again...

how about this carl... are you the same carl in those threads that said this to me...

("Just another chinese dick head thats all LMAO")

I dont know what kind of cleintele you have but I guess its Whites only.

Carl told me to do a search on procomp in those threads so I did and this thread came up first which I posted for him and he then HAD to come here to start this old thread up agian for his ego.

get some help carl.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:12 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

looks like made in china
Old 02-07-2013, 01:23 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
would you call working 18 hour days, one break, for what is = to five bucks in the usa.. whould you.. I'd call that slave labor.. at least slaves in america got a roof and food.. my uncles are over there all the time, they have photo's of 12y/o working all day .. thats the real china.. untill you show up at a factory unanounced.. and see the crap they put workers through. you should read up.. apple just (wink wink) found out workers in china where allowed one bathroom break durring their 16 your days.. and 1 15minute break thats IT.. they also found workers as young as 10 working 16 hour days..
unless you are willing to work for the same peanut wage and hours.. you shouldn't be supporting that type labor.. otherwise you support slavery..
Not sure what your deal is but if your so concerned, why are you on/using a chinese computer? and not at the embassy making a complaint and the world a better place?... we work for/been there too and seen the factorys, they were nice, clean and ready to make money, people seemed very nice also. China has the most/highest number of millonares in the WORLD... were do you think they all came from??? lol... the working class.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:24 PM
WFO

Last photo:

I get the feeling this thread will soon be history

Quote:
get some help carl.
If I said "That's like the pot calling the kettle black", does that make ME a racist? lol Between the three of you, looks like you all could keep a team of doctors busy...

I don't know if putting an engine together at 14 means that's the first day of a lifelong career. I don't know if it matters if one time the experience was said to be X years, then another time it's said to be X-plus years.

There are several trains of thought on people who give internet advice like here at Hotrodders. One is, as long as the info is technically sound, anything else is secondary and that if a person is less than forthcoming regarding their true experience or past exploitations or even if they down right lie about it, then so what?

Then there are those who think the integrity of the man behind the words DOES matter, the idea being something along the lines of if they aren't truthful about things in general, then how can they be trusted, period?

There are members here who will not say how they got their experience or even where they work(ed) or in what capacity, but they hold themselves out to be experts with "senior status". Does that matter? My guess is, it will matter more to some and less to others.

Some of us DID start at an early age, though- make no mistake about that. Sometimes due to circumstances beyond our control, like when a father has a broken hip that never healed and someone was needed to take up the slack in the 'yard- even if it meant driving a wrecker. At 11.

But even though I still hold a CDL, that doesn't mean I'm a wrecker driver with 47 years experience. I did my first generator at 10, used to test the arms on a growler w/a hacksaw blade. But claiming 48 years as a auto electrician would be a stretch. Well, not actually a stretch, to ME it would be a lie.

One thing I am curious about, though. Carl and cnc ne is mentioned prominently. But the cylinder head company that supposedly tried to screw people out of money isn't mentioned by name. In a way that's worse than saying nothing at all, because it puts suspicion on ALL the head manufacturers when only one might actually deserve it.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:33 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Not sure what your deal is but if your so concerned, why are you on/using a chinese computer? and not at the embassy making a complaint and the world a better place?... we work for/been there too and seen the factorys, they were nice, clean and ready to make money, people seemed very nice also. China has the most/highest number of millonares in the WORLD... were do you think they all came from??? lol... the working class.
when you pay people slave labor rate you can be a millionare fast..
all the factories look clean when you show up. and they know you're coming..
show up unanounced.. clearly you have a dog in this fight.. and you are making money off the cheap labor..
so you are going to be biased and fib
Old 02-07-2013, 01:52 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
when you pay people slave labor rate you can be a millionare fast..
all the factories look clean when you show up. and they know you're coming..
show up unanounced.. clearly you have a dog in this fight.. and you are making money off the cheap labor..
so you are going to be biased and fib
You are not reading my post correctly... ("we work for")... they dont work for us. Anyway I dont agree with anything your saying but it is your opinion.

anyway, here are some pics of a bad china factory with slaves working in it...

High Low Frame Machine Price: $13,995 s&h

http://toolsusaandequipment.com/id194.html

time for me to move on from this sillyness.

Last edited by Kazoom; 02-07-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Old & Furious

Thats a deseil truck block and it is not made by procomp. That is a replacement block for trucks gm sells world wide.

Also alibaba has to be one of the worst places to get real info from. I am not saying that procomps are not made in china just havent seen anything that says they are. And usally if manufactured in china it must be labeled. If made in a un country like au then us does not inforce the origin marks.

Hell we cant even make wonder bread/twinkies in this country without a bunch of union fools running the company out of buisiness. Now its being sold to an oversea company to do the baking.

I feel that the name calling needs to stop. Calling someone on this forum a racist or slaver is not cool and is not allowed. I cant imagine that anyone here has a direct link to this type of activity. If you bleive so then go to the forum owners and ask them to look over your info. Name calling is not needed or wanted.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 AM
WFO

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
Thats a deseil truck block
That's diesel, and is what kazoom holds out to be what HE thinks is the same as the SBC blocks. POST 17. If the info is not correct, take it up w/HIM.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.