Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New to the hot rod world
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well Jerry it was a bit more than "just a bit"...I had many hours into the paint and body. As I have mentioned in other posts, 1,308 pieces where individually painted. It was a frame off, with every nut and bolt either replaced or refurbished. The color is PPG Burnt Orange Tri-coat. Base color is a bright blue and the ghost flames are air brushed with 7 different shades of blue...The engine is a 502, with a turbo charger so it's about 800 HP. I only did the paint and body, I didn't do the drive train or interior (He had family members that did that). The paint and body with the dis-assembly paint and reassembly was about 650 hours. That includes painting the engine and transmission body color, the bottom of the cab and box are color sanded and polished as of course is the outside. Even things like the gas tank behind the seat is body color and polished. The truck was in respectable shape and the only panels replaced because of rust where the rocker panels.

I saw your truck and thought you might like to see the one I did.

If you need information or I can help, just let me know.

Best of Luck on your build
Ray