Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Hotrod shop name
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,320 Times in 1,146 Posts
All I am saying guys is to respect the business side of it. Yes I ran my shop making money for all it's 13 years, I bought a house with a large down payment all with what I made from that shop, but it didn't have to be so hard, it didn't have to end, I could have made much more, I could have done much more with it, if I had understood business more.

I see a lot of guys struggle like made because they don't look at the business side of it, and I know of a number of them that do wonderful and retire without a problem because they did take the business side of it serious. That is all I am saying, take it serious, it is the life blood of the business more so than what the average guy (me) thinks when he opens.

And when you are put in charge of things like your own taxes (not being taken out of your check book every check) you can get into real trouble, which was my mistake. I am not saying everyone will do this, I am not saying this to anyone personally saying they are dumb or something, this is a general statement and should be taken as such.

I can't imagine how it can be a bad thing for someone to suggest to study business when opening a business.

Brian