Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Hotrod shop name
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
I think that's a great idea. If I ever decide to venture out I will probably do that. There's too much I don't know about in those regards to knock it, but everything has it's time and place, and to me, I think up front should be the hustle, the making your mark, and barely breaking even. As the demand comes so should the eagerness in business type stuff, but no doubt right off the bat you should have some ideas from a business stand point. I just feel at the beginning it will always be about winging it and busting your arse to put out good work, then later if it's meant than it gets more complicated. Bottom line, you know more about it than I do, but I do have plenty of experience in other trades in which I saw a lot of companies come and go.
Heck, the place I'm at now was sold to a business oriented guy and it makes more money now.
My thing is I have gotten to respect those guys I hated so much who "didn't do the work". They do a different kind of "work", the business side of it is just as much an "art" if you will, playing every note perfect on the instrument is just as important as the dude that made the instrument.

So what about some names Henry, you have been around a lot in your skate boarding career do you have any ideas to throw out there?

Brian