Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Hotrod shop name
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 02:57 PM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

I agree with much of the above info. When I named my website/media outlet I modified an approach that I learned from Frank Zappa. He would say that in the context of a song if a part can be spoken instead of sang, then the spoken word would always win to get the point across. It's just like Brian has been saying: the simpler and clearer the better.

My website/media outlet has a rather lengthy name but it incorporates two car terms that are used very frequently and we have a logo that is very, very straight forward and uses colors that one would associate with the state of Arizona. I did not design the logo, my business partner did, but like I said, the name was my idea.

I learned all this the hard way though. My dad has a decently successful local business that he started in 1990 and tried to give me tips years ago, but I never listened. At the time, my current business partner and I had owned a recording studio and it floundered because of our lack of business sense and sole focus on the art and aesthetic. Now I'm trying again, and doing it exactly as my dad (and many here) have said and things are lot more easy-going and consistent. Just my personal experience.

I'm going to attach a shot of our logo, but if it violates any current "advertising" rules, let me apologize in advance to the mods.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newgenhotoppic.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	70862