Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New hydraulic lifters
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:48 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71nova355 View Post
Im a nobody, but just thought I would add that I just watched a few you tube videos (shop or company how to videos) and this seems to be a very debated subject. Most lifters come with directions tho and that seems to be the best procedure to follow. That being said, hydroulic lifters as I haved learned, should be lubed but installed dry and unlocked up. Preload set between a 1/2 and 3/4 turns past zero lash and using the twist method to find when tension just starts(zero lash) just my 2 cents setting hot is only done on solid lifters after having been set cold intially.
355: The bounce method is better then the twist. if you can see the top of the lifter the movement is best overall. You adjust hydraulics hot because its more acurate! Push rod ,lifter, valve stem,lash caps, rockers, rocker ball, rocker stud, rocker nut, cam lobes, etc When hot expand and all the expansion values added up can change your lash or preload from a cold setting. You tube has a lot of bad info your on one of the best sights on the web for info!!!! And learning!!!! Hotrodders!!!!

Jester