Ok, well.....Feel kind of dumb. But have no problem admitting my faults...
I put the thermostat in backwards....Yup....sure did. I was on such a hurry because I was on limited time. So, that problem is fixed. That's my karma for not putting a new one while I was doing the swap.
As far as the sputtering, I adjusted the ratio screws. The process i used was basically set them all the way lean, then turning them 1-1/2 turns to rich. I test drove it and it much better. However I need to see what the total timing is and adjust more from there.
Ill update the page when I am able tomorrow.
Oh yea and by the way I still feel dumb about the thermostat. But whatever.
Thanks for all the replies.