New kid on the block - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 01:37 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

New kid on the block

Hi all,

It's been a minute since I was doing any racing or engine building, but I guess I missed it, I'm here hey? My eldest son seems to have inherited the gene that lusts for acceleration. He's begun building Honda 2-liter engines for nitrous and I want to make sure I get him using actual science/knowledge in his pursuit of an income. So, I'm trolling the web to make sure what I tell him is based in fact and filling in the gaps in my remembery so that actually true information will be the legacy I pass to him. Like they say, "everybody has an opinion and they're like as*holes, most of them stink". This quest began in earnest the other day when a set of camshafts he bought (on a dealers say-so) lost him horsepower on the dyno. I didn't think the durations looked good on them for what he was trying to do and so it was. I'm trying to get a solid feel for what overlap and phasing/advance will do for him with a DOHC setup, and then dial it in for nitrous.

Long story short, that's what brought me here. If there's anything I can help with in the process, so much the better. Knowledge is best shared or it's wasted!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 08:48 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Welcome.
When it comes to camshaft choice , do your homework, trust your gut feeling. Everyone has an opinion, some guys post will have experience on the matter , but that too can be misconstrued in the discussion and interpretation of said cam/performance. Fast to one guy may be 12 seconds, it may be 9 for another guy, so be specific. Anal if you must. LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.