A New Little Hot Rod..Well..Sorta - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2003, 01:49 PM
Blue Oval Finatic

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Talking A New Little Hot Rod..Well..Sorta

Well..This just takes the cake lol.I went with my dad over to his girlfriend's to see her son's motorcycle.He's 18 and just got his Class M license,and he bought him a bike.It's a 1982 Honda Nighthawk 450.He paid $850 for it.The bike didn't run when he got it and he thought that he had figured out what it was .So..by looking at the bike and what he was doing..I kinda figured out what it was.The engine wasn't hitting because the plugs weren't firing.Then,I stuck my thumb over each of the plug holes and it had compression.Also,the bike was getting gas.We knew that much also.So..it was kinda an accident that I figured out the real problimo.We had the plugs back in the cylinders,but I didn't have one of the plug wires on and he hit the starter..It shocked the **** out of me lol.Thank God he didn't notice .So then I kinda messed around and made my way around to the other side and did the same thing..It shocked me again.I know that ya'll probably think that I'm crazy,but anyway .So..I knew that the wires were getting power,I guess you could say.So,then it could only be the connection to the plugs or the plugs were bad.The plugs were brand new.So that wasn't it.Then I started talkin' trash.I got him down almost instantly to $650 .Then,I kinda messed around for about 4 more hours and got him to $300 .I told him I'd take it and he went in the house and got the title.He came back out and signed it.Then I paid him and went to dad's truck and got some electronic cleaner junk and made my way back over to the bike.I sprayed both of the plug wire slots with it,put them back on,turned the throttle a few times,pulled the choke,hit the starter,and there she went!Ya'll should've seen the look on his face .I guess in a way that it was unfair..But hey..You can't stay a fair-man all of the time .So,I've got me a bike now.Runs good,drives good,everything works..Enough for me.Well..almost everything works..The right rear blinker doesn't work and it's not the bulb.I messed with it some and I can't get it working.I'll explain it all at the end of this post lol.Sorry that it's so long .Just had to tell it all .But oh well..I guess that I was in the right place at the right time.Me and dad went today and got the title changed,got tags,and he put insurance on it.He said that he wanted to drive it some,and I don't have any objections that that.I'm going to get my Class M Permit in a month along with my Class D Permit and then get my Class D and Class M licenses next year.I'm counting down the days!!I can't wait!!But oh well..I'll get to the blinker problem and leave you guys alone.Thanks for sticking with me through this post.

The Blinker Problem:

Okay,the right rear blinker isn't working.I took the cover off of it earlier and the bulb isn't shot.When you turn on the right blinker,the front one just stayed on solid..It doesn't blink.And of course,the rear doesn't do anything.I used a tester and the bulb socket is getting power.Then,I took the cover off of the left rear blinker,inserted the bulb from the right side in it,and it worked perfectly.Then,I took the bulb from the left and put it in the right,(the left blinker worked fine),and the right rear STILL didn't work.What do you guys think?I think that it's not getting a good ground on that side,but I don't know.Let me know if ya'll know lol.

Ya'll give me your comments on how I did lol.

Jacob

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2003, 02:16 PM
Just a firefighter

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod
Last journal entry: New rear rollpan installed
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
I went with my dad over to his girlfriend's to see her son's motorcycle.
OK, Just two quick questions.
1. Is she speaking with your Dad at all now??
2. How did you miss out on the butt kickin you should have gotten for starting it in front of him??

Old 07-21-2003, 02:32 PM
Blue Oval Finatic

Last photo:

1) She sure as hell is..Invited me and him back tonight.
2) The above might be for that "SUPPOSED" butt kickin' that I should've gotten .

I'm not worried about it though.He kinda laughed about it,but I guess in a sense he's pissed because he almost instantly lost $550.I love it I love it!!I'll get some pics and show it off.

Jacob
Old 07-21-2003, 07:29 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

Remind me never to ask you for help doing anything! If this story impresses someone would you please let us me know about it. I really miss the point where he's so pround he ripped this guy off instead of helping him get the bike started. Must just be me,Daaa!

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 07-21-2003, 08:03 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

yeah, that was kinda weinie.......
remember the golden rule Jacob........
he who screws first gets screwed hardest.....

or screw unto others as you would have them screw unto you....
or maybe its screw others before they screw you....
Old 07-21-2003, 08:20 PM

Last photo:

That story reminds me of how I got a Buick Riv when I was 14 yrs old.

There was a older guy that lived down the road a bit, He had this 69 Rivera that I had been trying to buy for a year or so but he would not sell, He was going to fix it up one day was his story. Well his wife told him to get it running or get rid of it. He spent quite a few $$ trying to get it to go but he could not figure it out. He saw me riding by one day and told me I could have the car if I got it off his place that day. I took a look at it and he had rebuilt both carbs, New cap,rotor,plugs, All the usual stuff.

I was poking around a bit and told him I would be back as soon as I put the horse up.

I came back a couple hours later with a gas can and a box of goodies. All I had to do was install a inline fuel pump,prime the carb and it fired up. I wanted to rub it in a bit so I took out my vacuum guage and set the carbs,timed it by ear and drove it home.

He called my Dad and told him that I had set him up and made it so the car would run for him. I went back to his place that night with the car and told him that he owed me $300.00 for getting his car running. His wife over heard the whole thing and she made him give me the $$ and told him that the car was now mine.

From then on every kid around knew who wore the pants in thet family! I eventually sold the car and I took half the money to the wife and said that was only fair. I had an endless supply of baked goods from then on. She was a good ol' Gal.

She used the money to buy matching headstones for the both of them.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:32 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Pinto_Guy
She used the money to buy matching headstones for the both of them.

NOw thats love...... i think i'll go call my parents.......
Old 07-21-2003, 08:35 PM
Blue Oval Finatic

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by crazy larry
he who screws first gets screwed hardest.....
Alot of the stunts that he pulls are just as bad or worse as the one that I pulled.He's broke stuff of our's that he's not even offered to replace..Just all kinds of crap.If the above quote is true,he got what he had coming

Jacob
Old 07-21-2003, 08:37 PM

I just don't get it

So you're telling me that you screwed a guy out of a bike, a running bike, and you're proud of it? And that this guy/kid may someday be your step-brother...?

Good steal... but what goes around comes around and it will be funny when that bike you "stole" pop's an engine and you're out $300 bucks or worse

shame
Old 07-21-2003, 09:14 PM
Suspended

Thats such bologna
Old 07-22-2003, 11:52 AM
HEAD GREASEWHORE

Last journal entry: More
Last photo:

Was this suppose to be an impressive thread? I dont know where to go with this ... If someone did that to me .. I'd be pissed!

pup

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.