Hot Rod Forum banner

New Member A/C help

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  FlGulfer 
#1 ·
I just bought a March Serpentine System Kit for my 350 chevy motor and I need to find replacement A/C hoses to fit the Sanden Chrome Compressor.
My stock A/C hoses won't hook up to the new compressor.
Maybe someone can suggest a Company that makes line to fit?

The first is a stock line. and I need to remove the fat connector and get threaded ends for the March A/C adapter.

Thanks for having me in your Forum and for any help.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
E Z Clip by Eaton. I used these on my Willys. A couple neat things about these, the hoses are much smaller and more flexible, the fittings are push on with a crimped clamp, you can do this yourself with the special pliers, the fittings are reusable, you can reposition the hose some after crimp/clamp.

A lot of big trucks use these so Id try a truck aftermarket a/c supplier.

#4 ·
I had a similar situation, although ALL my hoses had to be custom made. Google "auto air conditioning hose fabricator" or something similar for your home town, take the parts to them, and have them make them for you. It's never very expensive, and if it won't fit, you won't have to go through shipping things back and forth and losing lots of time.

#6 ·
Does your old manifold and hoses reach over to where the new manifold mounts? If so there are compression type a/c fittings that can be installed on your original hose assembly after you cut off the manifold that fit into your old compressor. If the hoses are physically the right length, go to a a/c shop with both the old and new pieces and tell them that you need the compression fitting to mate the old hose assy to the new manifold. You only need two fittings.
If the old assy is to short get everything on and drive it over to the shop and they can make up two new hoses. You also need to inspect the orifice for debris if the system has a orifice rather than a expansion valve. Either way you also want to replace the receiver dryer. You might want to check with the mechanic as to how he is going to route the hoses if he has to make them up.

This whole thing isn't really a big deal. I did automotive air conditioning for thirty years.

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

#7 ·
I ordered the EZ Clip fittings and pliers to see if they will connect to the line. The hoses are about 2 feet longer than they need to be (Since the new Sanden A/C unit is located on the other side of the engine) so I'm going to try them.

Thanks
Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.