New Member, New 37 Chevy Coupe - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2007, 12:14 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

New Member, New 37 Chevy Coupe :: Pictures Added ::

Was just introducing myself. I think I actually registered on this board awhile ago, but I doubt I posted anything. Anyways, from Atlanta, Georgia, and just got a 1937 Chevy Coupe. Car is in great shape, hasn't moved for 20 years, hasn't run for at least 40, and just moved it's way from North Cali yesterday. Body is great. A few good bumps, minimal rust, interior still there, along with about two decades of squirrel crap.

Just wanted to get on the website for some good info. Basically to find some companies with some good parts and good service, and maybe some cool stuff to do. I like to find out about that stuff before I do it.

And if you guys are interested, I'll throw up some pictures. Color is black/blueish that I think was put on with a paint brush. Still a sexy car.

Advertisement

Last edited by Sporkdevil; 04-08-2007 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Added Photos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2007, 04:54 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Welcome to the site. I'd love to see some pics. I'm thinking of getting a Chevy of 37-39 vintage.
Pugsy
Old 03-30-2007, 08:16 AM

Last photo:

welcome back

congrats on the 37. check out http://www.fillingstation.com/ They specialize in early chev stuff. I would like to see some pics to. What are your plans for it?
Old 03-30-2007, 08:56 AM

Last photo:

Wecome from another old chevy guy
Old 03-30-2007, 07:11 PM

Last photo:

this link should work for a few pictures. i took about 20 today, but i need to get them on my computer. these pictures are about 8 months old when the Chevy was in California.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/...w.cfm?num=3884

so you know, pictures 4, 7, 8, and the last one are the Chevy I got. It's a little more cleaned up and garaged now, I'll put up some good pictures in a few days.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:11 PM

Last photo:

Sorry for the wait, I got some pictures. I have at least 10 more if you want them. And yes, I know the garage is dirty. I got about 12 hours of warning (when this was coming from across the US, for some reason my uncle never called to say he towed it an hour and got it loaded up the weak before) so I didn't have time to clean up the garage to the state it should be in.

Pictures:

Body is great. One fender, at most two needs replacement, and both running boards for sure. Past that, body is good. Driver door needs a bit of work to really shut, pass door shuts as good as new. Interior had at least 10 pounds of squirrel crap inside of it, which I took care of with a leaf blower. Past that in reasonable condition. I'm trying to get some information from my grandpa about the car. I know it hasn't worked for around 35 years, and before making it me hadn't moved in 20, and odometer shows around 7500 miles (weird?) Normal color of the car is the color under the hood (which matched the rear wheels). Outside was repainted in black by what I think was a brush. All glass needs replacement for one reason or another. It smells like someone died a long time ago, inside of some other person who has been dead for longer. I still have to remove the carpet to remove squirrel crap that even a leaf blower cannot remove. Seats in reasonable shape, other than age.

Basically, very very cool. Great shape for 70 years old. Great shape. Only bad rust is on fenders/running board. Every thing else is a very light surface rust. I can't wait to get started on this ridiculously large project.

If I get the VIN on this, is there a way to get a vehicle history? I don't have much on this car as of now.

I haven't done anything to this car yet, I'm waiting for some new tools. It hasn't moved, steering column is pretty much locked up, or something weird. BTW, car is being built for my dad but he won't know it until it's done. Cool gift, huh?

More info just cause: The rust you see on everything minus fenders/running boards is a light surface rust. This car is no rust bucket, a light sanding will remove all of it.

Also, I'm throwing in some more pictures no one asked for. The first is the car it's old home in California. The rest are back in Atlanta.

Last edited by Sporkdevil; 04-07-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:37 AM
street rods forever

Last photo:

Nice car,lucky dad some interesting pieces in the background of pics under canopy
Old 04-08-2007, 10:52 PM

Last photo:

Theres one of it in California, under the canopy. I don't remember all of those cars, I have I think about one shot of the early 40's Buick 4dr. And some cars in better condition in the barn there. There were two trucks under the canopy, a harvester (I think) and a dodge, both late 40's to early 50's. No pics of those, weren't what I was looking for.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:12 AM

Last photo:

man, i was expecting more people surprised about the body of this car. i was still thinking it's in great shape
Old 04-15-2007, 02:09 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Welcome to the site Sporkdevil. Great looking car! Lots of info and opinions here. To get the most out of the site check out the Knowledge Base and use the search function for quick answers to your questions. As well check out the Project Journals for info and inspiration - maybe you will start one of your own to document the build and we will be able to follow along with the construction. Glad to have you here and enjoy the site.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:51 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkdevil
man, i was expecting more people surprised about the body of this car. i was still thinking it's in great shape
Body does look in great shape. I'd like to see it in a project journal so we could follow along with the resto.

When does the tear down begin?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:17 PM

Last photo:

Sweet, thanks for the replies. Tear down should be this weekend, but I'm still waiting on a compressor (but it's 60 gallons or right around that, so it's taking longer than I want). Maybe I should try to keep all the progress with info somewhere, it will just take awhile to finish. I might feel bad for taking so long to get it done.

But thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.