New member, and pics of my '77 Vette project - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Meat Popsicle. (WrenchTurner)

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

New member, and pics of my '77 Vette project

Hi all. I had an intro thread started when I signed up, but in case some of you missed it...

I've been searching these sections for a long time now, whenever I had a problem. Everything I needed to know has always been right here.

Anyway, I was asked in that thread to show some pics of the '77 Corvette project I've been working on for the last few years. It's gone through a lot of down time where it wasn't driven OR worked on. I'd been at it pretty hard for the last few months, and I hope to have it ready to go my spring...finished off by a new interior, LT1 400 swap, and fresh paint. I'll have to break the pics up into two groups. Car, and engine.

Enjoy.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2006, 02:54 PM

Last photo:

More pics...

Old 11-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Blood, Sweat, and Gears!

Last photo:

Nice Car!
I've always liked that style vette and plan on building one myself someday when i get some other projects out of the way.
That motor should be a monster when you get it put in
Old 11-09-2006, 03:37 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailGater
Nice Car!
I've always liked that style vette and plan on building one myself someday when i get some other projects out of the way.
That motor should be a monster when you get it put in

I hope so. I built it strong. It's a 1973 SBC 400 bored +.020. I did a full roller retrofit, machining the block myself. The can I chose is an LT4 Hot Cam, and it's topped off with a pair of '89 stock GM heads. The intake on it now is what my plan B was. Originally this motor was gonna be a TPI topped beast. Then I found out that TPI can barely push a 350, so I knew it wasn't gonna like a heavy breathing 400. That's when I turned to plan B. A manifold and carb.

Then, after this pic was taken, I found a lead on a cheap LT1. I am picking it up this weekend. I'll take the intake, and sell the long block. I am having the LT1 manifold machined to fit my heads and Gen1 block. The harness and computer are being sent off to be worked over and reprogrammed. I have some fuel and wiring to work out now that I have plan C but it'll be great. The chip is being burned to fit the 400 exactly, using it's components.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:51 AM

Last photo:

I'm leaving tomorrow for an hour drive to pick up this LT1 pallet motor. It'll be a lot of fun to get it home, get the intake off, and prepped to have it sent off and machined. At the same time the harness and computer will get shipped off to be modified and programmed. Exciting to know I'm building my first fuel injected motor. Yahtzi.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:36 PM

Last photo:

I have most of what I'll need I think. I'm wanting to polish the intake manifold, not shiny, but new looking. Any good tips?

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.