Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New MIG welder time.
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 08:46 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Larry-
At my job,I've got two Lincoln machines,both of which have proven to be good,solid,reliable equiptment.The older of the two is a 15 year old mig welder that is shown no mercy.I know that I've exceded the duty cycle rating many,many times,I often am grinding and covering the machine with grinding dust,in general doing all the things the manual says not to do.Believe it or not,machine has only had to be repaired once,for a burnt secondary wire at the connection to the transformer-and this is the digital controlled model with all the electronics.
The other machine is a 55 amp plasma cutter that about 5 years old,and while I don't use it as much(or abuse it as much) it hasn't given me any trouble either.
The main thing I would consider is if you can get all the little consumables locally(tips,liners,nozzles,etc).Theres nothing worse than finding out you're out of .035 tips on top of being p*****dbecause you just welded oneinto your project,then not being to get more for a week.
Good Luck,George