Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New MIG welder time.
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 09:57 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have voted other. My first welder was a Century 295 amp A/C 220 volt that I bought in 1974. My second welder I bought in 1992 was a Century 85 amp mig, 110 volt. Had the 295 amp welder until 1987 and sold it to buy an A/C-D/C 230/140 amp welder so I could TIG mild steel on D/C and that was also a Century brand. In 2001 I sold my 85 amp MIG and bought a Century GS170, 220 volt MIG. I also bought a used like new Century high frequency arc stabilizer on ebay last year that works great for welding aluminum on my A/C-D/C welder. I have used millers and lincolns at the few good jobs I have had and the Century welders weld just fine and I have not had a problem with any of the 4 I owned. I know alot of people will tell others the Century welders are not good welders but I like them just fine. My GS170 MIG and AC/DC arc welder are used almost daily and yes I have used and abused them and went way over duty cycle time and still haven't killed any of them. I am looking at the new Century 250amp MIG, I might buy it in the next six months or so. Does any one else use Centuries on this forum? I think I know of only 3 other people on the forum that uses them.

Last edited by gcrmcc; 06-15-2005 at 10:13 PM.