The new Overhaulin - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 09:12 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The new Overhaulin

Sitting here watching the new episode of Overhaulin that I tivo'ed last night. Wow. I like this. Not all the bs scamming they did before. They are actually spending some time explaining some techniques and introducing some of the folks who make things happen.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 PM
31 five window

Last journal entry: Master cylinder
Last photo:

I didn't know there was a new Overhaulin. What channel and when does it play?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:52 AM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

here ya go,,,
Series Schedule - Velocity Channel
Old 10-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Banned User

Last photo:

Keeping with the philosophy that if you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say it, i will keep quiet on the matter.

(However, just stating the above implies that i have negative thoughts about the show---both old and "new." So i was able to say something not nice about the show without actually saying it.)
Old 10-05-2012, 11:25 AM
The Dude

Last photo:

I remember when I was younger and in middle school (I was in 6th Grade when the show started) I thought it was the coolest show ever. Then a few months ago when I got netflix, I realized how bad the show looked, no tech information but atleast we had Country Hansen for eye candy...

Ill check out the new one and see how it is.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:

I like the show, they´re showing it here in Spain, but it fell off for me when they "Overhauled" late model cars.
It´s got to be old and beat up, lotsa rust to cut out and big shiny motors going in.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Banned User

Last photo:

Ok, i can't take it anymore. "overhaulin'" and ALL other car shows on tv are ABSOLUTE GARBAGE

Why play music instead of verbally explaining, in great detail, what you are doing?

What is going on with society? i think one of our problems, as well as many other countries, is that we are not good at teaching/instructing. These garbage tv shows tend to exemplify this fact.

Thank you.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:35 PM

Last photo:

Whoa guys. This stuff is not in depth how-to stuff. It is supposed to be entertainment. Yeah, it's not quite as interesting as reading a Motor's manual from cover to cover, but compared to the last version, it wasn't too bad. The fact of the matter it they have to make it palatable to a wider range of people other than just car guys.

My wife is even willing to sit through an episode rather than subject me to Project Runway!
Old 10-05-2012, 02:46 PM

Last photo:

"Country" Hansen???
Old 10-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Banned User

Last photo:

i think one of our problems is education; It's not the money(or lack of "supposedly"), it's not the buildings, it's not the length of the school year. The teaching methods suck.

Shows like this exemplify the poor teaching.

What, i ask you, have you actually learned from any of these shows?

Entertainment, schmentertainment. You can still be very entertained AND learn alot IF the person doing the presenting knows what the heck they are doing. It pains me to say this, but most hosts just can't cut it and are only in it for the money.

Now, Brad Sears from "last chance garage" can teach.

Also, if you watch "This old House" on PBS, they really get to explaining in good detail, yet still "entertaining" wouldn't you agree? Why can't car shows be like this?

Our society is failing. We need to turn it around somehow.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,187 Times in 1,046 Posts
I think it's more about the market they are after, or at least the market they THINK is out there for this kind of childish entertainment instead of any kind of "instructional" type of show.

I have to say, my son and I watched every single episode of "Monster Garage" before they started making things that didn't look anything like the original. When they first started the show the concept was to make a "Transformers" sort of thing, an Ambulance that was a wheelie puller that LOOKED like a stock Ambulance. Or a Mustang what was a lawn mower, they were hilarious and had very little drama. Showed some very interesting stuff that could be fabbed.

I guess those producers being they know nothing about cars, and know a lot about BS drama, they figure drama sells on the daytime TV so they might as well sell the same thing to a new market, men drinking beers sitting in their underware on the couch scratching their crotch. I am NOT calling anyone who likes these shows that ugly picture, not at all. But THAT is what they think they are marketing too, the sports fan (I'm one of them) who wants to see sports so they turn into some "Behind the scenes" sports show but is full of drama because THAT is the only thing the producers have the skill to do.

I don't know, but it is a damn shame, like you said there are a heck of a how to shows on about houses. But you know what just hit me, THOSE shows are a lot alike the Car shows, and they are geared towards women! My wife loves them.

Brian
Old 10-05-2012, 03:44 PM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:

So true Brian, women are all over that stuff. The home reno shows have turned my better half into a real authority on renovation projects but she does not take notes on the technical aspects she just gets big ideas in her head and likes to dream up her own projects , problem is the $$$ costs.

I can't even afford to pay attention!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,187 Times in 1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom10 View Post
So true Brian, women are all over that stuff. The home reno shows have turned my better half into a real authority on renovation projects but she does not take notes on the technical aspects she just gets big ideas in her head and likes to dream up her own projects , problem is the $$$ costs.

I can't even afford to pay attention!
It's just the opposite with my wife she can answer the questions I ask her! LOL, When WE remodeled out bathroom she saved my butt a few times. Funny thing is she isn't hands on, she is quite the lady and not a getting dirty kinda gal but she sure as heck will know how to do something, and I really mean that, not like she is handing out orders, I mean she can help you do it. She cracks me up, now she has our 11 year old daughter watching them too.

Brian

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.