Hot Rod Forum banner

New Pads Causing Caliper to Hit Rim

998 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  S10xGN 
#1 ·
:( Having a heck of a time trying to find a rubbing noise in the front end, but I found it. Seems that the caliper is hitting deep inside of the rim, so much so that you can see more rubbing on one side than on the other. . Wheels are after market 15" wheels with a 4" offset. Don't have any problem with the other wheel, but this one. Will fatter pads cause the caliper to move out to cause the hitting? It is a floating caliper (one piston on the inside). Short of making a 1/8" spacer is there anything else that I can do?

#4 ·
:sweat:I took a look at the other wheel and it too has a slight interference (see pics); more on the drivers side as compared to the passenger side. The interference is where the pin just about comes through the caliper, in both wheels. I suppose it is a fault of the wheels, although the stock ones do not hit.

Attachments

#8 ·
Grind it and then hit it with some high temp paint. I have had wheels that would not go on until I grinded the caliper down. On gm single piston rear calipers you can go almost 3/8. I have pictures at the house of a pilot kit(get for free with install/report) I needed to go a bit extreme on to fit the stock wheels on.

Make sure when you have your wheels balanced they put the weights on the outside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.