Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Paint, Clear Scratches real easy??
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 11:08 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

New Paint, Clear Scratches real easy??

Hey Guys,
Just got my vehicle painted black and cleared. Payed close to 4 grand to a reputable shop to have the work done. But now that I have the truck back and am reassembling everything, I notice that rubbing against the truck with clothes, or even your finger will put scratches in the clear. There are absolutly no swirls in the clear at all, they said they dont use sanders and do it all by hand. They also said they wetsanded and polished the truck after the clear was done. Im very happy with the paint, the reflection is amazing, and it is the smoothest paint I ve ever felt with no visible swirls in the clear. So my question, is this normal after a week and a half after clear to still be this delicate?? If so what can I put on it, wax, some type of liquid glass coating?? Its like maybe they didnt put enough hardner in the clear, or thinned it out to much to get it to flow nicely?? They said they used PPG base and medium quality PPG clear?? Looking for a professional opinion before I go back and notify the painter. Thanks guys, Fern

Last edited by syclone477; 03-19-2005 at 08:41 PM.