Hot Rod Forum banner

New parts washer pump?

14K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  dannronn 
#1 ·
hey guys I have a parts washer I bought about 5 years ago from Harbor freight. It has worked great up until the other day. It appears that the motor has gone out. I turn on the switch and you can hear it hum but the impellar does not spin so needless to say no spin-no fluid. :D Can I get a replacement pump for this? I looked on the HF website but did not see anything.

Thanks
Wade

#3 ·
Gamecock66 said:
hey guys I have a parts washer I bought about 5 years ago from Harbor freight. It has worked great up until the other day. It appears that the motor has gone out. I turn on the switch and you can hear it hum but the impellar does not spin so needless to say no spin-no fluid. :D Can I get a replacement pump for this? I looked on the HF website but did not see anything.

Thanks
Wade
I got one of these washers too I think from tractor supply but im pretty sure its the same part. The internals of the pump are all cheapo plastic and come apart. Mine lasted about three months.
I too have been looking. If I find anything ill post

#7 ·
Northern tool has one. I just installed one in our race car trailer. Only thing I didn't like is there is no real mounting point and no switch. I just installed it in a small chanel I made and used the out let with a bulkhead fitting.

Got a switch box at Menards....problem solved. then I made a round plate to cover the hole left by the old pump.....need this so the solvent doesn't slosh all over the place.

#8 ·
bentwings said:
Northern tool has one. I just installed one in our race car trailer. Only thing I didn't like is there is no real mounting point and no switch. I just installed it in a small chanel I made and used the out let with a bulkhead fitting.

Got a switch box at Menards....problem solved. then I made a round plate to cover the hole left by the old pump.....need this so the solvent doesn't slosh all over the place.
I bought a sewing machine pedal controller switch at a yard sale for $5. works great!

Russ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.