Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - new pics of the 1962 Impala
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I know those guys all to well and they are out there....I 'd love to find the rock that they crawled out from underneath and seal it up permanently...I was between restoration jobs a while back and this guy called me, (I'd done work for him in the past and he's the guy your talking about). He asked what I was doing and I told him I was getting organized for my next job. He asked id I could come over and take a look at a small job he needed done. I looked at the job and gave him a more than fair quote, (probably discounted the job by 30% because I had done work for him in the past and it wasn't that big a job) he thought it was way to high...he ranted, raved, screamed and told me I thought you where my friend, why are you trying to take advantage of me...on and on. I waited for him to take a breath, and I told him that if he felt we where friends, he wouldn't blow up like that and now the price was going up. He screamed and yelled again...so I walked away. When I got home he had left 2 messages on my phone saying he needed to talk to me. I phoned him and calmly asked "what's up". He said he would be happy to pay my original price and that he was sorry...I told him that the price had gone up and that in future if he wanted to be my friend to call me after 6PM.

I haven't heard from him in several years...and I'm so good with that because these guys never stop, they'll grind you until your out of business. As far as the friendship goes, No call after 6PM so I guess we weren't friends to start off with.LOL

When you work for yourself you can do it, you still need to manage your responses to these characters but it is possible.

Ray
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
tech69 (01-30-2013)