the new Pontiacs..... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2004, 12:24 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

the new Pontiacs.....

so, being a ford guy, i'd not think a gm product would catch my eye. but these new pontiacs are doing it. i realize that if you use an old car name, you might oughtta honor the heritage of the original car some, but whats not to like about an ls1 powered rear wheel drive coupe? i have a feeling they're gonna give the new stang a run for it's money. and who can doubt the technological superiority if the new car vs the old car?...
only thing i dislike about them, they are being touted as 'drift' cars.... wtf? drifting has replaced nhra and nascar now? fn communists.

basically i just got tired of reading about total bs, so i thought i'd start some not-so-total bs. bs away.

next i'll say how much i like the new chrysler 300c. same class as the pontiacs, ****** v8, rwd, but it's has chrysler on it. other than that, it's an awesome looking car. and that new station wagon? i'd own one. 'cept for the dodge logo......

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2004, 01:53 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

I feel the same way, I even like the Gran Prix GTP's for a performance family car.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:01 PM
im on a highway to hell

Last journal entry: new wheels and seats
Last photo:

i think all three companys are doing a great job at the retro performance market the new chevy ssr are my favorites but those dodge wagons are sweet too!

also the new mustang is the first one ive ever said that i could see myself driving it.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:10 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by helrazr3
also the new mustang is the first one ive ever said that i could see myself driving it.
Yea me too, I just can't see myself paying for it. lol
Old 07-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

The new Mustang is the only nice Mustang Ford has produced since 1973.

WOW!

Mike
Old 07-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last wiki edit: Compression test
Last journal entry: August 9, part III
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

1. make the SSR in fiberglass or Carbon Fiber (costs enough that they could afford to do that), and use a 405HP Corvette LS6 mated with a 6 speed and 17" Cragar S/S wheels.

2. make the bottom window line on the Magnum (dodge station wagon) flat, not go up and let the Hemi speak. I can barley hear it, even when I get on it (I work at a dodge dealership so I've done it before, but I'm a GM guy, so that sux) p.s. that nice v8 sound in the commercials is not from the real magnum. p.s.2- Why is it RT, not R/T? RT= It's ReTarded sounding. R/T= Road and Track

3. Put a LS1 in a Solstice. and the customers will complain that when ya hit the gas, it just sits there and there's a lot of smoke.

4. Ditch the fancy radio, leather, Trac Control, IRS out of the new GTO and price it starting at about $20,000 with a 250+HP v6, and $24,000 with a v8, I'd buy it. Then put the radio and leather and BS on the options list. Keyword- affordibility. That, plus being fast, is what made the first one so popular. $30,000 isn't affordable unless ya make $100k a year.

5. The more I look at the new GM cars, the more I like 'em.

6. The new fords are nice, the T-bird needs a performance model... 390HP 4.6 Cobra v8

7. The turbo-neon is cool but that stupid thing on the trunk...
Old 07-05-2004, 07:35 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by ChevelleSS_LS6
4. Ditch the fancy radio, leather, Trac Control, IRS out of the new GTO and price it starting at about $20,000 with a 250+HP v6, and $24,000 with a v8, I'd buy it. Then put the radio and leather and BS on the options list. Keyword- affordibility. That, plus being fast, is what made the first one so popular. $30,000 isn't affordable unless ya make $100k a year.
Damn skippy dude. You can figure all you want but a single guy making 35K couldn't afford it and the insurance.

That's the reason the Camaro/Firebird didn't sell well enough to sustain itself. They priced it out of the target audiences reach with unnecessary bs stuck on it as standard equipment.

Larry
Old 07-05-2004, 08:52 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

Question What the heck....

Larry, you're a Ford man falling for a GM, and I'm a Chevy guy who fell for a Ford. WTH.. The stars must be outta whack. On the bright side, the Ford I fell for had a Big Block, slicks, and a 'cage. New cars need options like that.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally posted by coldknock
Damn skippy dude. You can figure all you want but a single guy making 35K couldn't afford it and the insurance.

That's the reason the Camaro/Firebird didn't sell well enough to sustain itself. They priced it out of the target audiences reach with unnecessary bs stuck on it as standard equipment.

Larry
I agree. Muscle cars used to be able to be bought by regular guys. Hell, the roadrunner was marketed originally to HIGH SCHOOL KIDS!!! I think they could have done more for the styling of a car that's supposedly worth 35k. It looks like the grand prix has for the last seven years save some rear wheel drive, some over-stated seats and a (already available, nothing new ) LS1. Honestly I don't like the car. I think something bearing the GTO name should have had an original look, not a spin-off of the poor-man's line of pontiac v-6 sportscars.

Just my .02-

K
Old 07-05-2004, 09:56 PM

Last photo:

Yea.. wait till 2005

They might bring the dodge charger back.. and i saw in this magazine.. that they are building 40 2005 chevelle ss's and are touring them around the world.. they are concept.. they arent sure that they are gonna actually release them for perchase

Nos
Old 07-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Lady's and Gents,
I present to you the 2005 Dodge Charger

Mike
Old 07-05-2004, 10:58 PM
Grumpy

Last photo:

That new mustang looks kind of..... well... gay.

All those new cars look like some rich person should own them, I still like the look of the 80's better. Even the 90's mustang atleast look more down to earth and not so snobby.

I'm sorry but I prefer the old steel beat up look over this snobby look all the new cars seem to have.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Evil as I wanna Be

Last journal entry: First time out in 8 months!
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by 87442lover
That new mustang looks kind of..... well... gay.

All those new cars look like some rich person should own them, I still like the look of the 80's better. Even the 90's mustang atleast look more down to earth and not so snobby.

I'm sorry but I prefer the old steel beat up look over this snobby look all the new cars seem to have.
I totally agree. I've always liked the "new" Mustangs, ever since I was a kid and the "Aero-foxes" came out. This new one though...............not even cool.

I do, however, like the new GTO as well as the Magnum. The Magnum thing is weird though. My husband likes them because he says they're different, and the lines make the car look sorta "chopped". I just like it because it's in a different class, and it has the motor.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I like em all, Mustang, gto, 300, magnum, the charger is sweet looking too. Maybe with the horsepower and the styling I won't have to look at namebadges anymore to tell what kind of car it is. The last 30 years I just didn't care. Rwd with horsepower, about time. Dan
Old 07-06-2004, 12:44 AM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:

In 1978 I went to work in Germany and the firm put me in an hotel
a good 45mins from work by car. One of the jobbers had a Mach 1 Mustang and it was him who offered to take me to work,it was the first time I rode in an American car, and loved it
The Mustang over the years lost itīs way styling wise but now itīs back and I do like the new/old styling.
What denotes it as being gay?
Be lucky in that cars are on line to be something like the musclecars of old, which you are all craving for, at least
north/south motors and rear wheel drive.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.