Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Project - 1965 Olds 442
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 07:42 PM

Last wiki edit: Wheelbase database Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Bitler
Hi, I'm looking for some info on firstgen 442's. I just drug home a new project, a '65 Olds 442 post 4-speed car like one I owned years ago, except this one is a tad worse for wear than my old one was, but is saveable. A 400 motor came with the deal and an automatic tranny, also got a 455 which I may use. I also got a '65 442 hardtop body which will serve as a donor car. The floor in the coupe is good, will need a trunk pan, which IS being repro'ed, but I'm also needing patch panels for the rear quarters. Is anyone repro-ing those, or will other GM panels work? Does anyone know of a web site that handles parts for the early cars? I find sites for the later 442's but not much for 65's. Would appreciate any help.
Congrats. Unfortunately, as you've found, exterior sheet metal patch panels for the 64-65 cars is virtually nonexistent. You can get everything that is common with the Chevelle (floor pans, trunk pan, braces, rockers, and a patch panel for the base of the windshield). Panels for the bottoms of the fenders are unfortunately not reproduced and nothing else fits. The good news is that the chassis and suspension are the same for 64-67. Trim pieces and emblems are available from the Olds specialty houses like Fusick and Supercars Unlimited. There are a number of people with 64-65 cars at www.classicoldsmobile.com.