Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Project 54 Chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 01:07 PM

Last journal entry: more...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

New Project 54 Chevy 3100

Hey all, I traded off my volksrod for the truck this past weekend. Hard to say good-bye to the little guy after having it 19 years but it was time. So now the new project is one that was started and sat for the last three years. Lots of parts, old and new, converted to disc brakes on the straight axle and older Camaro rear. Trying to decide on a way to take it, my son votes for the ratrod look, but that seems a little over done now. I'm thinking gasser, but for the life of me can't find any pictures of 50's gasser trucks, other then Willy's. Like to see a finished one. I know the bed would have to be shortened some, but it's toast for the most part anyway. Chopping is beyond my talents so cab will stay the way it is, unless I find a volunteer! lol No matter how it goes fenders and bed stay. Don't have the funds for a custom, but a mild body drop is a thought, depending on input as to how hard that is to do. Cab needs floor pans is why I mention this. So that's my thoughts in a nut shell, advise away! Will post pics tonight of the patient. C-ya