Hot Rod Forum banner

New Project - 70 Mustang Coupe

961 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  raidmagic 
#1 ·
I've started new journal entries of this project. I posted this a while back, but hadn't really commited to doing it as a project until recently. I've been going back and forth for months on what project to do this winter (put an IRS in the T Bucket, build a rat rod from left over parts, build up a pickup truck, etc.) but came across this Mustang and I think this will do quite nicely. I'm hoping to get the floors patched and painted by spring and then see where it goes from there. I've got the front clip off and the seats out and I'll probably have the drivetrain out and the floors cut out soon. I know it's a coupe and not as popular as a fastback, but I'm looking forward to the challenge of maybe making it look a little nicer and possibly adding some "hotrod" touches to it.

If anyone has any pointers on these Stangs, please chime in!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
what does it have for a motor? looks like a nice start. My uncle just finished up a '69 Ghia Coupe, bought it for $600, needing every replacement panal available for the rear, floorboards. had/ has a good interior, 351W ( was locked up, he rebuilt ) Toploader 4spd. spent 2 years on it, but it looks awsome now.

#4 ·
It's got a 302 2V automatic. It will be a cool driver for my wife, but she want's it nice enough that she can take into a car show and not be embarassed. Got the interior gutted tonight. I have a suspision that it's comming apart alot easier than it will be to put back together.

1931 steve, thanks for the kind words. I do have another 4.6 dual cam laying around and I did think about it. But I think I'll keep this one simple.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.