Hot Rod Forum banner

New road

707 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tm454 
#1 ·
A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. All of a sudden, he said out loud, "Lord, grant me one wish."
The sky clouded above his head and in a booming voice, the Lord said, "Because you have tried to be faithful to me in
all ways, I will grant you one wish." The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want."

The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The
supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! I can do it, but it is hard
for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of another wish, a wish you think
would honor and glorify me." The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could
understand women. I want to know how they feel inside, what they are thinking when they give the silent treatment, why
they cry, what they mean when they say 'nothing', and how I can make a woman truly happy." The Lord replied, "You want
two lanes or four lanes on that bridge?"

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.