Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Rodder excited to going the forum
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 07:20 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

New Rodder excited to going the forum

Hello everyone. For an intro about myself, I have been building muscle cars since 1995 as my hobby. I have worked on GM muscle from the 60s and 70s. I have always wanted to get into some of the older rods but have never been able to find the right car at the right price until recently. I came across a 49 Plymouth 2 door coupe that was sitting in a shed parked in the dark for the last 40 years! It was still titled to the original owner (I bought it from his daughter) and had 3800 original miles on it! I am doing a full custom build on it and aside from a few rat nests, it has held up very well. Extremely little rust and the black paint still shines when polished up! I am excited for this build as I have never had a car older that 1965. This is also my first Mopar car, so I appreciate any help and or tips that can be tossed my way. I also hope that I may be able to share a few of my nuggets of car knowledge with some of you.