Hot Rod Forum banner

New Seat Vendor for 48 Chevy Truck???

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Centerline 
#1 ·
Looking to buy a new seat for my 48 custom Chevy truck. I have decided to buy a new instead of buying a junkyard seat. Just do to the fact they are "cleaner" without all the hardware.

I do NOT want an original seat , but a clean no hardware seat ........I am want a split bench with arm rest and head rest.

I would like to know of a good seat vendor??? I have checked with TEA's seats but they seem very high on price $1,100.00

Thanks
Bg

48 Chevy Chopped 7 inches:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

#2 ·
If you want a new seat you're going to have to pay the price. Tea's seats are the best you can by and their quality is second to none. After all when you purchase a Tea's seat you'll be buying a custom made seat for your truck not just a seat that happens to fit.

There may be some others out there but no matter where you go it's going to be on the expensive side. IMHO the best way to go is with a used seat the right width and then have a local shop do a custom upholstery design for you. Will be a lot cheaper than a new one.

On my 53 I'm using the front seat out of a late 70's Olds Tornado. It's a white leather split bench with folding arm rest and is in immaculate condition. Cost? $75 at my local wrecking yard.

Good luck.

Centerline
http://www.hotrodsandhemis.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.