New Seats - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2003, 04:56 AM
Gettin a life..Goodbye

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

New Seats

I just purchased a pair of 97 ES300 Lexus seats for the transformation on my 69 GMC pickup. I was able to get the connectors for the driver's side but the other seat I'll have to wire myself. My question is where do I find a wiring diagram for the color codes for the wires (there are many) going to these seats?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2003, 06:45 PM
Gettin a life..Goodbye

Last photo:

Thanks a ton for the replies. I figured it out all by myself. If anyone has need of how to make Lexus seats work in an old pickup just ask me.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:20 PM
Acoustic Rock ... for real.

Last journal entry: About Fusible Links
Last photo:

Hey, Shortstep

Glad you figured it out! Got any pics??? I'm looking to put Lincoln power seats in my truck ... gotta be sure it's a 2-door though or they won't fold forward! Did your Lexus seats come out of a 2-door? How much room do you have between the two seats -- enough for a cool console?

Alan
54 Chevy Pickup
Old 10-18-2003, 08:11 PM
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Shortstep
Thanks a ton for the replies. I figured it out all by myself. If anyone has need of how to make Lexus seats work in an old pickup just ask me.
Have a little patience with this board, there are a great bunch of rodders here, but most of us work for a living and connot get on the board every day. Glad you figured it out by yourself, but give us a little more time next question.

Vince
Old 10-19-2003, 04:45 PM
Gettin a life..Goodbye

Last photo:

Yes Alan, My plan is to use a console that folds up for a seat and down for armrests with storage underneath. I've had it in the truck for a number of years and I really like it. It is now covered in a dark blue velour material that has seen better days and is dated to early eightys. My seats are front power Lexus that go every which way. I had to fabricate a tubular steel frame (heavy duty) to be sure it could handle the seatbelt force if ever called upon. In my truck I don't need the full forward tilt for storage as I always travel with my diamondplate tool box in back. My next job is deciding what to go with as a cover on the middle seat/armrest. Leather or ultraleather, matching the grey Lex seats or a darker contrasting leather? Decisions Decisions! And sorry for the shortness for no answers but I was burning up vacation and needed to make things happen! Pics to follow soon.
Thanks all.
Old 10-19-2003, 05:43 PM

Last photo:

Sounds good, bro' ... I can't wait to see the pics! Interior-possibilities fascinate me.

Do the Lexus seats have high backs? I don't like high backs or headrests, or seatbelts for that matter. I can't wait to find the right pair of seats so I can finally do up my interior -- looks like I might be onto a pair of 2002 Lincoln Continental seats ... gotta make a phone call tomorrow to know for sure.

Alan
54 Chevy Pickup
Old 10-19-2003, 07:20 PM
Gettin a life..Goodbye

Last photo:

These Lexus seats do have headrests, which can be taken off just by pulling them straight up. My wife has the same seats in her car and I really love the way they sit. That is also how I figured out how to get the drivers side to work. The drivers side has a 2 position memory that has to be disabled unless you use the car's computer.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:17 PM

Last photo:

I hadn't thought about the computer deal. Naturally, I won't have any computer chips to talk to the seats. Otherwise, it's pretty basic wiring principles, right?

How do you disable the 2-position memory?

Alan
54 Chevy Pickup
Old 10-21-2003, 06:41 PM
Gettin a life..Goodbye

Last photo:

Yes Alan just plain wiring but I had to measure some voltages on my wife's car and tie some of the wires going to this seat to 12v and some to ground. If you get some seats I'll provide details and you should have every function except the 2 position memory will not operate. The box under the driver's seat has an IC chip and 8 relays with their coupling drivers that make them go. It requires a couple of voltages that are not there unless you wire it to work. It looks like Lexus doesn't want them to be programmed while you drive so some voltages won't be there at some times. Just be sure that when you get your seats that you get the car side of the connector too so you can take them out without all the hassle.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:58 PM

Question Regarding the lexus wiring on the drivers seat

I just purchased a set of those same lexus seats and I can't figure out the wiring on the driver's side seat could you please tell me how to bypass the computer? these seats are going in my 1947 Chevy Fleetline.
Thanks
Randy

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.