New to the site !!! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Always looking for 1935 Olds

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

New to the site !!!

Hey folks ! I want to let you know about myself and my project. I'm disabled and in a wheelchair but still like to work on my hot rod ! It's a 1935 Oldsmobile business coupe with a 425 olds engine and a 400 turbo with street gears a 2:73
with a posi unit . I've owned it over 50 years and just started rebuilding it about two years ago . It's done except adding air condition but it's still out with the jury??? Really enjoy the forum because of some of the good info there !! Keep up the good work !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Grumpy Old Goat Herder

Last photo:

Welcome to the site. A '35 Olds with an Olds 425 sounds like a very nice hot rod! How about showing us some pictures?

Bill
Old 08-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Welcome to the site... Great to have you..
Old 08-25-2009, 08:38 AM

Last photo:

I would like to send some pictures but I'm having trouble sending them ! The picture starts loading and then a error pops up and says it's to large to fit the format ! Help Please !! Hey 35
Old 08-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Grumpy Old Goat Herder

Last photo:

Hey 35,
Join here: http://photobucket.com/ and load your pictures. It will ask what size you want them saved as. I used large. They're not to big for the screen, but the show up very well. When you have saved pics to Photobucket, you cut and paste the image link to the post you are making. Like this:

Old 08-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Welcome to the site. . Cole
Old 08-26-2009, 07:28 AM

Last photo:

Hey WD ! I got the pictures in photobucket but now how do i get them to my post in hotrodders ?? I'm computer dumb when it comes to moving things from one place to another !!! please give me step by step if you can ! or send me your email address and i'll send you some there !! But i would also like to post some on Hotrodders also ! I got one picture in photo bucket now and i saved it as a large like you said ! Help please !!! Hey 35
Anyone else out there i would appreciate your help on this project !! Moving and resizing pictures from photo bucket to hot rodders ! my profile picture or my albums !! thanks for any step by step help !!
I forgot to tell everyone i have the aggravating VISTA PROGRAM !!!

Last edited by Hey 35; 08-26-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Grumpy Old Goat Herder

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey 35
Hey WD ! I got the pictures in photobucket but now how do i get them to my post in hotrodders ?? I'm computer dumb when it comes to moving things from one place to another !!! please give me step by step if you can ! or send me your email address and i'll send you some there !! But i would also like to post some on Hotrodders also ! I got one picture in photo bucket now and i saved it as a large like you said ! Help please !!! Hey 35
Anyone else out there i would appreciate your help on this project !! Moving and resizing pictures from photo bucket to hot rodders ! my profile picture or my albums !! thanks for any step by step help !!
I forgot to tell everyone i have the aggravating VISTA PROGRAM !!!
When you are ready to post a pic, minimize the screen, go to your photobucket account, choose the pic that you want to post, click on IMG Code, then key Ctrl and c together. This copies the pic. Minimize that screen so you can go back to it, then go back to your post. With the curser at the place that you want a picture, (be sure there is at least one space after the last symbol that was keyed) then key Cntrl and v together. If you want to post a second pic, tab down a line, then go back to your photobucket account and do it all over again.

Bill
Old 08-26-2009, 09:04 PM

Last photo:

Still trying to get a picture for my profile to you and others to see !!
Well it looks like it finally surfaced !!! Thanks for for help Bill !! I'm positive but slow !!! Computers are new to me especially Vista !!

Last edited by Hey 35; 08-26-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:59 AM
Grumpy Old Goat Herder

Last photo:

Glad to be of sevice. I had just taken a mouthful of beer when I opened your post and almost spit it on the key board. THAT is one cool car! Tell us more about it and keep us posted on what you're doing, and now that you've figured out the picture thing, let see some more.
By the way, I'm no computer guru. What I've learned, I've mostly done by trial and error. Believe me, on occasion, I've gotten my "puter" all locked up.

Bill

Last edited by WDCreech; 08-27-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:20 PM

Last photo:

Thanks for the kind words on the car ! Is that a picture of your drag car on your site ?? i ran drag cars for about 20 years off and on until 1986 and i sold out ! Had a great time doing it but it got to expensive with all the electronics coming out ! If you don't keep updated you are peeing in the wind !Do you still race if that's your car ?how quick does it run ? Are you running 1/8 or 1/4 mile up there? I'm going to see if i can post a couple pictures of the car tonight ? How do you put them in a album on this site and do you have to resize them to put in album ? I don't normally post on a web site so it's all new to me ! I usually send a email with attachment ! ANYWAY HERE GOES !!

Old 08-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Grumpy Old Goat Herder

Last photo:

You are welcome. That is a beautiful car. That's my pride and joy! Amen on the expensive. I've been racing at our 1/4 mile track since it opened in 1964, but I did get a chance to compete at three 1/8 mile meets several years ago, and that's what I want to do when I retire and move south. I have two engines for the goat. One is a standard deck Indian Adventures traditional Pontiac with 474 cu in. Best pass with that was an 8.942 @ 149.96, but it needed a little more gear. My other engine is a tall deck IA with 606 cu in. Best pass, 8.255 @ 164.17. Not being a "puter" guru, I'd have to fumble my way through puting pics in the album, even if I did it before.
Rather than fill up the forum with our chit chat, maybe we should go to PMs or email.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey 35
Thanks for the kind words on the car ! Is that a picture of your drag car on your site ?? i ran drag cars for about 20 years off and on until 1986 and i sold out ! Had a great time doing it but it got to expensive with all the electronics coming out ! If you don't keep updated you are peeing in the wind !Do you still race if that's your car ?how quick does it run ? Are you running 1/8 or 1/4 mile up there? I'm going to see if i can post a couple pictures of the car tonight ? How do you put them in a album on this site and do you have to resize them to put in album ? I don't normally post on a web site so it's all new to me ! I usually send a email with attachment ! ANYWAY HERE GOES !!

Old 08-27-2009, 09:20 PM

Last photo:

email is fine with me if you like ?? Send me your address
Old 08-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Grumpy Old Goat Herder

Last photo:

You have a PM.

Bill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.