Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Snap-on tools don't say USA anymore?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 07:58 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqzbox
BIG difference in having a quality tool/tools that hold up day after day for a professional mechanic than a tool good enough for part time use on your weekend hot rod.

If you break one at work you loose time and money. Break one at home and you can just get another tomorrow. $19.95 for a cheap tool X2 when it breaks = $39.90. Good tool that last's, $29.95 and life time warranty priceless, and, cheaper in the long run.
If you compare snap-on to craftsman, it's more than $20 compared to $40.

It's more like $20 compared to $140, in the case of a 1/2 drive ratchet anyways (other things of similar proportion too). Putting things into perspective makes all the difference in the world.

I would be willing to wager that any pro would have more than just 1 ratchet, 1 wrench of a common given size, 1 socket etc. etc. so in the event of a broken tool he is not SOL. There is something else he can use in the waiting time so no real loss of time and money. There may be an inconvenience, but thats all most of the time.

I used to use craftsman and sk, but after using snap-on I will never look back. It is so much nicer, pleasant to use and more durable. They are built to much better specs and it shows. I don't wrench for a living, but I can afford snap on, I like snap-on so thats what I use.