Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Snap-on tools don't say USA anymore?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I will say this, I've had much better luck getting replacement parts and warranty from Sears than I ever got from Snap-On. The Sears guys just take whatever I give them and says pick another one off the shelf including entire ratchets since they don't rebuild them anymore.

Last time I tried to get a fine tooth ratchet repair kit from the Snap-On guy he never orders it (apparently he doesn't keep fine tooth kits in stock?) and conveniently forgets to ever order me one.

Its not just one Snap-On guy either, I've tried a few. I eventually got into an argument with the last one after I offered to pay for the kit...actually two so I would have a spare.

Not only did he not order the parts but he argued that they don't make them anymore and "I must have the last one in existence". I eventually gave in and put a coarse tooth kit in just so I had a working tool, but I bought a fine tooth 3/8" ratchet for a reason and paid top dollar for it.

Won't get another dime from me buddy, never again...I don't care how pretty they are.