Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Solid Roller Cam Question
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 07:40 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The roller face is approx 11/32 and the lobes are about 15/32. The lobes on the cam I took out are 1/16" wider. The roller I checked seem to line up in the center of the lobe with a smidgon leftover on each side, so I assume as long as the endplay is within spec it won't be a problem...just a little close for my taste and dont know why they made them so narrow. Could not get a definitive answer from Comp.

Springs are 200 @ 1.9", 480 @ 1.2" (Motown heads / -3). Comp also recommended their springs if starting from scratch (210 @1.9, 523 @ 1.25) so I figure I'll use what I already have installed, as well as my rev kit - should be plenty without being excessive.

The pic of the bottom cam looks very similar. Comp doesn't tell you the base circle size but my measurements show about .908. I originally was going to go with an LT1 grind but lowered the duration a bit because of my elevation (5500-6000 ft) and compression ratio (9.8:1) . Also went with the small base circle as that was what the other cam was and looking down the cam journals the rods look really close (6" eagle H beam) so I felt safer that way. Thanks for posting those pics....I feel a LITTLE better now.