Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New Solid Roller Cam Question
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 06:15 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Lever,
You are going to kill 25hp with those springs and you will kill your engine oil and valvesprings with the heat they generate. If you were turning 9500 you might need that much pressure.

If you don't run stroker rods you can hit the cam in a couple places with standard rods. That looks like about an .850" base circle with the optical mics.
That cam will lose you about 2-3% of your duration at the valve unless it was compensated for in the grind ( usually not done ). You can check it with your degree wheel when you dial it in.

I might be tempted to go up from 1.5 -1.6 on the rocker to get some back.

That cam is similar to the GM ASA cam that I use in my "Outlaw" crates, with stock GM604 parts and the cam swap, those engines at 350" make about 475HP swapping in a 3.75" stroke and stroker pistons that same engine makes about 550HP. I use my "Outlaw" spring set on them and they are good to 7500 and are a German made 1.260" spring with 175# @1.800 and 425 open, I sell them **************

Cam end play is your responsibility not the cam manufacturers. I set mine as close to ZERO as I can get it. First you have to set your crank gear in place, then you put your cam gear in place those two have to be shimmed to vertical +/- .001" once you do that you shim your cam end play to zero with shims behind the cam gear / bearing and the nose bearing against the timing cover. If you can't find the stuff ************

Last edited by 68NovaSS; 03-24-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Classified ad. Please use the Hotrodders Classifieds for classified ads.