Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - new spyware affects all Windows users
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

I just do not understand the mentality of those that create harmful viruses. One of my classmates in college just hated Microsoft. I told him that if he hated Microsoft so bad go out and create a better operating system and run old Bill Gates competition. If some of these obviously-talented virus creators would use their talents constructively instead of destructively, we would all benefit. Well, enough of my ramblings.

I use Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal, it is the anti-spyware program that Jon liked to, AdAware.com. Try it, it is free for personal computer users.

Another free anti-spyware program that I use is Spybot Search and Destroy. it is good to use more than one anti-spyware program because sometimes I notice one will catch what the other has missed.

I am also behind Ontrack's Net Defense firewall.
I have been using Avast Antivirus for about a year now, it is an antivirus program that is also free for personal users. It updates frequently, updates are important to deal with constantly changing virus threats.

I have never seen a pop-up on this site.