Hot Rod Forum banner

New street rod project

931 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mcoo22@yahoo.com 
#1 ·
Hello all, I just bought a project car. It's a 1941 chev coupe roller, with a pretty rusty floor, and rather straight outside body sheet metal. I'm trying to put together a build plan for this car, and am asking for your input. I am very good with all the usuall body and fender tools, and procedures. I have a shop with a lift, plasma cutter, torch, and mig welder. I'v done a lot of classic cars, but never really a fabriactaed hor rod before. Seems to me this car needs a lot, but I belive it all should be based on the drive line and suspension. I have a 1979 Corvette small block, a 12 bolt posi (already in the car) But the car needs all the suspension redone. I have been reading a lot about the MII verses the S-10 swap. What are the pros and cons of the two? What about the "clip option? Thanks for any advice. The work is one thing, the money these days is another. But, I want the car to be right, in the end. You guys have done these beforew. What's really the best way to go? I have access to a salvage action where I can buy just about anything in the way of complete cars, trucks, ect.

#2 ·
The con to an S10 clip is the steering box usually sticks out too far in front for the sheet metal body.You will have to check your car as every one is different. Measure from the front axle centerline to the front of the steering box on the S10 and compare to your car. If it will clear the body it is the cheapest way to go.Hope this helps.We did it on a 40 Dodge and I had to cheat a little on the wheel base but it worked out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.