Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New T-350 rebuild makes grinding/scraping noise
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 08:14 PM
when will it rain???

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizturbed One
I pulled the inspection cover off Poncho, still there

Thank you for the info and link Jon, so sad... When I first came on here I read so many Docvette posts and learned so many little things daily from him. Long live the Doc

tnsmith - DAMN YOU. That makes so much sense... I just don't want to hear it, lol. Any way you can think of to check it somehow without pulling it? If not, guess I'll be rebuilding my newly acquired 205 soon. That 203 has a weird shifter box mounted on top that gave me so much trouble whenever it got mud in it... No thank you.

And lastly, would that damage my transmission to drive it? Since it is the t-case not allowing total engagement rather than low pressure in the trans, think I'm ok? I don't plan on driving it much until it's fixed, but I DO need to keep moving it around, I usually take it to the store for milk and such here and there (strict city officials, whenever I park it a couple weeks they try to tow me )
its not likely it will damage the trans, but not out of the question. best thing is to keep it in 4x4 for the short trips. just remember, the more you use it, the damage will happen and cost more to fix.
if your wonderingif the trans has proper pressure, hook up a 0-300 psi gauge to the main line port on the trans (driver side by the linkage) and see what the actual pressure is on the trans. the t-case will have nothing to do with a low pressure problem if it has low pressure.