Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hot Rod Art (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hot-rod-art/)
-   -   New tool box for sale! (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/new-tool-box-sale-114416.html)

The Dutch 04-23-2007 09:05 AM

New ***** for sale!

IDK if I can legaly put this here, but im gonna give it a shot, if i cant then just say so and you can delete it to if you want, but I couldn't find a spot in the classifieds that made sense with what im trying to sale.

Here is a new ********* im selling, it has red/white striping and a monster witha pompadore on the side of the front of the box. Here's a li nk to another board i am saling it on: *************

I am asking ******* for it total , and will ship only to those in the US. Please pm me with any questions, or an ything like that. You can post to buy here in the topic, pm me, or email me at ********.

Til Next Time

Henry Highrise 04-23-2007 10:48 AM

Advertising is not allowed on these boards. That is what the Classifieds are for.

The Dutch 04-23-2007 12:52 PM

yes but as stated, I couldn't find a spot that made sense with what I am trying to sale.

Henry Highrise 04-23-2007 05:02 PM

It does not make sense to me to advertise on a site that does not allow advertising....it also does not make sense that if your going to do it anyway...to put it in the HotRod Art forum.

The Dutch 04-23-2007 06:54 PM

It does not make sense to me for you to be a DICK!!!!!!!.......Two words....can you count that high? **** YOU!!!!! And your Pooch!

poncho62 04-23-2007 07:04 PM

That pal............is good for 60 days suspension...............Maybe, you will learn not to be such a "******** Richard" when you return.

grouch 04-23-2007 07:51 PM

I needed a good giggle. This thread reads like a vaudeville skit, with Poncho62 providing the "ba-da-boom" on the snare drum.

Shame on you, Henry Highrise, for coldly stating the advertising policy! Can't you see that artistic license was involved in advertising outside the advertising section? It's your fault that buzzard on headers swooped in.

BTW, I have this really neat grease+gunk+dirt ball from cleaning the underside of a '49 Olds. Guaranteed to be somewhere between 31 to 57 years old. Since it's a _real_ work of art, and there's no Dirtball section in the classifieds ...

Nevermind. :D

Classix_Lover 04-24-2007 12:08 AM

This thread should be stickied. :thumbup: I laughed hard when he emphasized DICK!!!!!!!! Yet another person who gets all butthurt when you simply tell them advertising is not allowed. Oh well, I got my laugh for today at least. I'm sure he'll be laughing when he can't log on for 60 days, zing!

Centerline 04-24-2007 06:55 PM

We'll be watching to see if he smartens up when he gets back or if the suspension becomes permanent.

Blazin72 04-24-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Centerline
We'll be watching to see if he smartens up when he gets back....

If he comes back. How many people actually return after being suspended for so long?

Centerline 04-24-2007 10:46 PM

You would be surprised. Many do come back. Some just to cause trouble, but in most cases they're dealt with pretty quickly. Some, once they realize we don't put up with the kind of crap that resulted in their suspension, actually come back and contribute to the board. We'll see in this case, but I'm not going to hold my breath....

grouch 04-24-2007 11:54 PM

What gets me is that Henry was stating what should have been obvious and received a sharp ad hominem attack as thanks. Now, either someone was wired to the gills on 'spresso, or else the plain facts hit bullseye on a deliberate attempt to sneak by the rule.

The organization and policies of HR are such that you don't have to dig through every forum to find what you're looking for. Things for sale are in the classifieds. Letting that slip would eventually lead to every forum being ad space.

Everybody screws up from time to time, but that one is just plain obvious. Best hope, IMO, is a return with, "Yeah, I shouldn't have tried that. Won't happen again."

Henry Highrise 04-25-2007 06:11 AM

Yep....all he had to do was say..Sorry I did not know that and then go edit his post. But no he had to be a _ _ _ _ I won't say it...I do not want to stoop to his level.

Beenaway2long 04-25-2007 06:42 AM

Wow....

As someone who just happened onto this thread, I thought the guy was upfront about his intentions, saying it was OK to delete it.

Henry stated policy.. fine, as he should.

The guy tried to make an explanation...

Henry became obstinant.

The guy returns fire..

Moderator free for all.......

Maybe I have been here too long. :(

Irelands child 04-25-2007 06:44 AM

It takes all kinds to make life interesting - and most actually take the advice and abide the rules. I thought this was a pretty simple request and for someone to say "Oops - I screwed up and I'll move it to misc. parts for sale". HH, good job.

Dave