Hot Rod Forum banner

new tool from Dremel: the "Stylus"

774 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  FASTCHEVY 
#1 ·
Cool new Dremel tool with potential applications to more detailed-oriented work in hotrodding. Available from Amazon.com.

The $69.99 Stylus is designed to be held like a pencil, according to the company. The stylus ships with 25 bits and other accessories, which may be interchanged with other Dremel products, providing the collet is the correct size, the spokeswoman said...

Inside, the Stylus houses a 7.2-volt lithium-ion rechargeable battery, similar to that used inside of a cellular phone. The company didn't indicate the size of the Li-ion cell, but said that it would hold a charge for two years.

In addition to the standard power switch, the Dremel Stylus also includes a rotary dial to control the speed of the bit,which can spin from 5,000 to 25,000 RPM.

See less See more
#2 ·
You sure have a knack for finding cool stuff. :thumbup:

I haven't used a cordless before so I'm kinda suspicious about how strong they are.
I use an old corded Craftsman roto tool/grinder, and a med and small air roto tool.

Pops bought me a Craftsman version of the Roto-zip, the thing that looks like
a router but with a drill bit that not only drills but cuts sideways, kinda like a
jigsaw but much faster. It can do some awesome things. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.