Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - new video up on 69 GTO / endura bumper repair
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
just one prime session. On average, it takes me two prime sessions to get show quality results. 2-3 prime sessions on hoods and decklids. We also don't push it by spraying excess material on the car so the one prime isn't very much but the reasoning for not piling it on is so the primer is always hard and cured throughout.
Interesting...I've never given body work or even bare metal only one coat of primer. I was under the impression that even manufacturers recommend more than one coat of primer, that's why they recommend flash times between coats. Material build is a fine line and the most abused product in many shop is primer.

I'm interested and would like to understand, (I'm not saying your wrong), but when you prime on a show quality vehicle, you only give it one coat of primer, let it cure, block it and then another coat and block it and so on until you get the body straight enough for a show quality finish?

Ray