The New Virtual Kustomz Thread! - Page 8 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

My dsl has been cutting off, sbc working on the irvine dns...i been tryin to get this uploaded...

I hadda cut that pic in half Ron it was HUGE!!! and cut the quality in half too...still excellent quality and size, you gotta kickbutt camera man!

Here your elky i got ahold of it Sweet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RonsElky011111.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	5960  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2005, 08:02 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakBordr7387
Thanks for the link, that will help me get the right idea of how to chop it up. It would be easier to get it if only rich were still online, oh well.
For the drawing, Im going with a 3/4 that way you can see all the body lines better and get a better look at the interior. Here what I got so far, this pic is with a cameraphone. I drew it with the top intact, so I could get the body lines in line without the rest of the car looking goofy. Will this do for the background?

Brad
Fine looking sketch!

Not having any free-hand artistic ability, I used some filters in gimp to change that sundowner.JPG into mostly lines. Contrast bumped up, then the cartoon filter used, then the photocopy filter.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sundowner-cartoon-photocopy.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	5961  
Old 07-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Hey Brad heres a quickie in Microsoft PAint

Mike
Old 07-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fast65Elky
My dsl has been cutting off, sbc working on the irvine dns...i been tryin to get this uploaded...

I hadda cut that pic in half Ron it was HUGE!!! and cut the quality in half too...still excellent quality and size, you gotta kickbutt camera man!

Here your elky i got ahold of it Sweet.

How plesant,just checked in and saw the Elky. Cool job man.

Now if we can only remove the 4 banger Mustang of my brothers.That is his "gas friendly" stang. SHHHHHHHH!!! Girl Car.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:00 PM

Last photo:

mustang i dont see no mustang, what mustang....you be trippin Ron here y'ar, edited it out for ya
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IDontSeeNoStinkinMustang.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	5968  
Old 07-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last photo:

Cool.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again

Sweet looking camino Ron, I didn't know you had one, when did you get it?
Grouch, Thanks for the compliment bro. This is the first time Ive drawn anything in about 3 years, well except for the little flames and stick figures that are covering all my class notes. Maybe in the new forum I could give advice for sketching projects.
Nightfire, That photoshop is WICKED!! That is a great idea, flat black with silver flames down the side. I don't know about lowering it that much though, not because of the tires rubbing, but because of my driving habits! I did have a cool idea though, since Im still looking for ideas for a paint job, and my truck is still in primer. I might go and buy me a airbrush and try my hand at airbrushing. And if I don't like it, I just sand it down some and spray on a little more primer.

Brad
Old 07-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakBordr7387
Sweet looking camino Ron, I didn't know you had one, when did you get it?
Grouch, Thanks for the compliment bro. This is the first time Ive drawn anything in about 3 years, well except for the little flames and stick figures that are covering all my class notes. Maybe in the new forum I could give advice for sketching projects.
Nightfire, That photoshop is WICKED!! That is a great idea, flat black with silver flames down the side. I don't know about lowering it that much though, not because of the tires rubbing, but because of my driving habits! I did have a cool idea though, since Im still looking for ideas for a paint job, and my truck is still in primer. I might go and buy me a airbrush and try my hand at airbrushing. And if I don't like it, I just sand it down some and spray on a little more primer.

Brad

It has been around for years.It is actually owned by my parents,but I am the one who drives it.Other than that it sits outside. We are going to begin a frame off on it this winter. I have been told I have free reign on it. The history of the ElCamino is as follows. Bought as a 1 owner car in 1986.Car was originally sold in Miami,where my step dad bought it when he worked for Eastern Airlines as a mechanic.It came up here when Eastern went under and he took a job at UPS.The ElCamino is an 85 SS. It came with the bucket/console interior and an SS badging on the dash. The lower door panels had SuperSport script up until 5 years ago when it was repainted.The color scheme is how it rolled off the assembely line.The front end is factory,I think the rails were added but not sure.It used to have a tanneau cover on the bed,but it was shredded in "The Great Cherry Picker Incident" of '93.The fender is clappped out because it is a non GM certified replacement.See that Camaor Z wheel,it came off as I was pulling away from a stop light.The studs sheared off,from lack of the correct spacer plate,that means NONE. We got that straightened out. The interior is grey,the engine was a computer controlled smog engine 305.That has been replaced with a GM Goodwrench 350,newer block with the one piece rear main. It is a low HP 350.When we remove the body,which should be a pain,I am going through the engine.I do not know if it will stay standard bore or not,but most likely will.It has a damged R/T rear quarter where the RV made contact with it while backing up the driveway from Indy last year in the black of night.It can be knocked out though as it is a large area with no creases in it.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:38 PM

Last photo:

Dang Grouch, You know how hard it is to find parts for a 49 olds bout never found a decent grill for it....gonna take a break for tonite, but heres what i got so far.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Grouches.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	5971  
Old 07-22-2005, 11:59 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fast65Elky
Dang Grouch, You know how hard it is to find parts for a 49 olds bout never found a decent grill for it....gonna take a break for tonite, but heres what i got so far.
Rechroming that ton of grill and bumper might not be such a bad idea after all. Man, you don't know how much I needed that pick-me-up. Seeing the way the car *could* be instead of how it's sitting now helps get through the delays.

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2005, 03:18 PM

Last photo:

Heres 2 more for ya Grouch, this time with background and wheels

I hacked one of em up with a choptop and sectioning, the other is original proportions
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GrouchesBlue.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	5983   Click image for larger version

Name:	GrouchesBlueChopSection.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	5984  
Old 07-23-2005, 04:02 PM

Last photo:

That second one is starting to resemble an old Studebaker Golden Hawk! Even the catfish mouth is starting to look good. Good thing I'm not real tall, though.

How in the world did you re-chrome those? I can figure out the painting and chopping, etc., but everytime I try to do chrome it just turns out blotchy blue and white.

Attached is a side shot that I'm starting to tinker with. I've been trying out different wheels on it like you talked about. Gimp has a "measure" tool so I get the diameter of the existing wheel in pixels and then scale the new wheel image to fit that. None of them so far look good enough to let anybody see.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	49-leftside.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	5986  
Old 07-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last photo:

One more request. All black on the ElCamino,some Torque-Thrust II's ,and one with the Centerline Convos. Loose the rail on the bed too. I showed this to my step dad and he said he wanted it all black. The rim choice is up to me,so those are the two I think would set the thing off.He wants to raise the rear,I think squatting it would be better. He is from the air shock era. No super rush,just if ya are goofing off.Thanx guys.Ron Oh yeah,I forgot,put that sweet 4" cowl hood on it. I think it is too much,but he does not.

Man I want to get that program,my brother advised me against it because he said I will crash this thing or make it slow as a Yugo with a miss.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:07 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCastle
[ . . . snipped . . . ]
Man I want to get that program,my brother advised me against it because he said I will crash this thing or make it slow as a Yugo with a miss.
Try gimp on it. http://www.gimp.org
Completely free, mimics the functions of photoshop, and if it doesn't work out for you, you're not out a dime.

(I've tried photoshop and prefer gimp).
Old 07-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Yo grouch I'll give Gimp a try...it certainly beats Microsoft Paint...I do have Pshop but is a copied version and doesnt work anymore, lol.
Here's a quickie for you in Microsoft Paint, I'll try to add color to it later with Gimp

Mike
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	grouch.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	5992  

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.