Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New to welding. MIG or flux core.
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 06:24 AM

Last journal entry: test
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I've got a little 110V Lincoln Power Pak (I think) 120 that I've got setup for gas and I love that little welder. I have never had it shut off due to exceeding the duty cycle, but I do notice that its limit is about a 4-inch steady bead at max output before the amperage drops a little. This is fine for me as it give me time to reset my position, clean the previous weld, take a swig of beverage and move on to the next pass.

Admittedly, I don't weld for a living, but do run through quite a bit of consumables with it and don't have a problem with the welds. Depends on your budget and your expected use. I'm welding a lot lately and will probably be upgrading to a 220 unit in the near future so I can go longer and also run the larger wire rolls instead of the 2 lb rolls my Lincoln takes.

Nothing wrong with a 110 as long as you are patient and don't expect it to weld the thick stuff like a big boy welder will.