Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - new wiki: Pricing professional painting
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntnyL
Nicely done Dbm. I was trying to follow along a few threads looking for tips, but got discouraged after the threads went off on weird tangents. So hopefully this thread will help. I have a question, but first a little background on the subject vehicle; I've stripped my 55.5 Chevy truck down to bare metal, repaired the sheetmetal with welded patch panels, and filled all the areas of known highs/lows with a little filler. I rough sanded everything with 80-grit, and that's where it sits now. I plan to shoot it with epoxy primer, followed by coats of high-build primer to fill the sanding scratches. I do NOT plan, nor want a shiney final finish, just a flat "primer look" since this is a hot rod truck. My simple question is: should I sand with 40-grit prior to shooting the epoxy? Or will the 80-grit be a better base for these primers?

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

Antny
I myself wouldn't use the 40-grit,But I would wait to see what the painter's will say.I have found that it's to hard to cover all the scratches..