Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - new wiki: Pricing professional painting
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 01:33 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntnyL
Great info, thanks guys. I hadn't planned on the EZ Sand step, I thought the high-build primer would take of the 80-grit scratches. Am I wrong to think this? If so, I'll do the EZ Sand. A little more info: I basically skim-coated the entire truck with filler. It had 50+ years work of little dings, dents and deep scratches in the metal. So between that, and all the little body mods I made (rounded the door corners, re-shaped the drip rails, pancaked the hood, etc), I skimmed the entire thing. So does "high build" primer fill 80-grit scratches? I've never used this stuff and am willing to learn. Thanks again guys, you guys are great!

Ant
I use ez sand just like build primer and save an a zz of money in tape time and material it sands like butter,isand all the way up to 320 and prime with epoxt or regular primer from SPI nothing else.two gal of epoxy costs 170.00 one gal of primer cost 120.00 saving 50.00 just on primer makes a big differance when its time to eat