Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - New York Times and Science Magazine debunk biofuels
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 06:26 AM
Will I ever get it done?

Last journal entry: Rear Armrests
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

More than global warming, I am afraid of the uneasy alliance that has formed amongst the press, environmentalists, educators, and industry. We are being told that global warming is a fact and we caused it. To even question this "fact" makes one a scientific leper, a subject of ridicule. This is what children are being taught in school.
There are some scientists who are willing to risk standing against the attacks. Unfortunately, they receive little or no exposure. Did anyone on this board see this story anywhere near as many times as you saw Al Gore last year? http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Science..._cooling/7556/
What is particularly scary about this story is the fact that, if it is correct, we are not making any plans for what to do if global cooling comes. The majority of the world is running around trying to kill off man (or at least greatly reduce our standard of living) in order to save the planet. We may just accomplish that goal when everyone freezes in the dark 40 or 50 years from now.
Don't believe me? Just look at R-12 and R-134. Freon is heavier than air. Yet somehow it managed to rise 9 miles above the earth and destroy the ozone layer. On the other hand, my lawn mower makes too much ozone, and even though it is far lighter than freon, it remains at ground level and is an environmental threat. Give me a break! The environmentalist wanted to reduce our quality of life while the chemical companies wanted to replace a product which had become a commodity with a higher profit generating substitute.
Moral of this story - QUESTION EVERYTHING. Stop being sheep and study the motives behind the science.

Last edited by redsdad; 02-12-2008 at 12:01 PM.