Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Garage - Tools (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/garage-tools/)
-   -   newb looking for some help, rollback trailer plans needed (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/newb-looking-some-help-rollback-trailer-plans-needed-199835.html)

xxxxxBLOCKAIDRUNNER 06-04-2011 09:15 PM

newb looking for some help, rollback trailer plans needed

Hey Guys, :welcome:
I have spent the last 2 days trying to find a set of plans for a ďROLLBACKĒ trailer, not a tilt back. I saw where a member, Mr. James Cowen is trying to do the same. If he reads this, I hope he will contact me and let me know how he is doing with it. If anyone know where I can get some plans or photos of the working end, please pass it on. Mr. Cowen is right that we could buy one cheaper, but I am a Disabled Vet. With 19 back surgeries to date and the death of my beautiful wife of 35 years, the completion of a project like this and self gratification is the only thing that keeps me going. As far as time, I have plenty of it and as slow as I move now, I need it all, lol. Like Mr Cowen, I have no plans to mass produce these, just one for me, then itís on to another project.
PLEASE if anyone can help in anyway, please contact me, PLEASE!!!!BLOCKAIDRUNNER :confused:

35terraplane 06-13-2011 06:35 PM

hello

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLOCKAIDRUNNER
Hey Guys, :welcome:
I have spent the last 2 days trying to find a set of plans for a �ROLLBACK� trailer, not a tilt back. I saw where a member, Mr. James Cowen is trying to do the same. If he reads this, I hope he will contact me and let me know how he is doing with it. If anyone know where I can get some plans or photos of the working end, please pass it on. Mr. Cowen is right that we could buy one cheaper, but I am a Disabled Vet. With 19 back surgeries to date and the death of my beautiful wife of 35 years, the completion of a project like this and self gratification is the only thing that keeps me going. As far as time, I have plenty of it and as slow as I move now, I need it all, lol. Like Mr Cowen, I have no plans to mass produce these, just one for me, then it�s on to another project.
PLEASE if anyone can help in anyway, please contact me, PLEASE!!!!BLOCKAIDRUNNER :confused:

welcome to the site. Thank you for your service.

I see you have had this up for awhile with no help, I don't know about a roll back trailer, not a thing. But I can help you can go on search and call one up or see if there is anything on the site, or you can start a new thread asking for help with a roll back trailer you might get some help.

Bob

dinger 06-13-2011 08:12 PM

I did a search a few days back and found nothing, then forgot about it, I'll give it another go.

dinger 06-13-2011 08:38 PM

http://www.trailerplans.com//index.p...id=13&Itemid=2

xxxxxBLOCKAIDRUNNER 06-14-2011 04:42 AM

Thanks for the replies on my post, but so far no good

Hey Bob, thanks for your help. I just spent another day trying to find some plans on a ROLLBACK trailer. A lot of people think itís just a tilt-back, but itís a lot better than that and after 19 back surgeries, I need the easiest way to load and unload something and ramps are out. Iím still looking and not giving up yet, lol.
You said you didnít know what a ROLLBACK is, if you care to look, I found a video of it at work, if you care to look at it http://www.kwikload.com/. It is a nice trailer, just wish I could find some plans or some photos of business end of it.
Thanks Bob and everyone else who replied,
Alan (AKA) BLOCKAIDRUNNER

joe_padavano 06-14-2011 08:58 AM

Your best bet might be to buy a rollback body from a truck and mount it to a trailer frame. That way you get the hydraulic cylinders, rails, rollers, plumbing, etc. Of course, it might be cheaper still to simply buy a used rollback truck.

35terraplane 06-14-2011 11:58 AM

Rollback trailer

Quote:

Hey Bob, thanks for your help. I just spent another day trying to find some plans on a ROLLBACK trailer. A lot of people think it�s just a tilt-back, but it�s a lot better than that and after 19 back surgeries, I need the easiest way to load and unload something and ramps are out. I�m still looking and not giving up yet, lol.
You said you didn�t know what a ROLLBACK is, if you care to look, I found a video of it at work, if you care to look at it http://www.kwikload.com/. It is a nice trailer, just wish I could find some plans or some photos of business end of it.
Thanks Bob and everyone else who replied,
Alan (AKA) BLOCKAIDRUNNER

Alan Dinger left a site on his post, check it out. otherwise start a new thread asking for plans. I know what a rollback is, just never saw one made into a trailer.

Bob

TubeTek 06-14-2011 04:33 PM

That's a pretty slick trailer. Stays lower to the ground than a tilt trailer does, so the approach angle is more shallow. All mechanical, so no cylinders, etc required.

Dinger's link is to plans for a tilt trailer.

Hard to figure why he'd need to start a new thread since he started this one looking for rollback trailer plans :confused:

xxxxxBLOCKAIDRUNNER 06-15-2011 05:46 AM

Thanks for the replies on my post

Hey Guys, :welcome: Thanks again for the replies. Joe, the rollback truck sounds good, but then you have to deal with the Hydraulic mess & cost of pumps, cylinders, controls and hoses :pain: . Where a rollback trailer uses none of that. Just a couple of pins and electric brakes, much simpler and a lot less headaches, but thanks for the idea, might have to go that route.

Bob, this is my 1st time on a forum and I do not know how to move around on it like, find the new thread of Alan Dinger :confused: . Do I just put his name in and it will come up?
Just want to thank everyone who has responded to this post or thread, please keep them coming, because Iím not ready to throw in the towel yet, lol.
As my lovely wife of 35 years use to say before she passed a few years ago, :( ď ďYOUR TO DA-- HARD HEADED TO KNOW WHEN ITíS TIME TO GIVE UPĒ, lol.

35terraplane 06-15-2011 12:41 PM

Rollback trailer

Quote:

Hey Guys, :welcome: Thanks again for the replies. Joe, the rollback truck sounds good, but then you have to deal with the Hydraulic mess & cost of pumps, cylinders, controls and hoses :pain: . Where a rollback trailer uses none of that. Just a couple of pins and electric brakes, much simpler and a lot less headaches, but thanks for the idea, might have to go that route.

Bob, this is my 1st time on a forum and I do not know how to move around on it like, find the new thread of Alan Dinger :confused: . Do I just put his name in and it will come up?
Just want to thank everyone who has responded to this post or thread, please keep them coming, because I�m not ready to throw in the towel yet, lol.
As my lovely wife of 35 years use to say before she passed a few years ago, :( � �YOUR TO DA-- HARD HEADED TO KNOW WHEN IT�S TIME TO GIVE UP�, lol.

Your name is Alan, Dinger is is forum name,Like Blockairrunner is yours. Just go to the post by dinger, you will see a wwwThen a site name, that is unlined, just click on that and it will show you some trailers. As where to put a thread I'm not sure but I would make a guess at in the lounge.

Bob

dinger 06-15-2011 07:34 PM

This is the right place for this thread, I also edited the title to hopefully get more response.

Rollbacks, pull a couple of pins, block the trailer tire, pull a couple of arm type of rods, back up with the tow vehicle, the trailer rolls back. Load the car, lock it down, pull forward with the tow vehicle, the trailer slide forward and you lock it down. I've studied my buddies over when we use it, It's basically a platform on a trailer that rides on rollers on a framework. I looked for a couple of hours the other day, found no plans other than what I linked.

35terraplane 06-16-2011 02:50 PM

Rollback trailer

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinger
This is the right place for this thread, I also edited the title to hopefully get more response.

Rollbacks, pull a couple of pins, block the trailer tire, pull a couple of arm type of rods, back up with the tow vehicle, the trailer rolls back. Load the car, lock it down, pull forward with the tow vehicle, the trailer slide forward and you lock it down. I've studied my buddies over when we use it, It's basically a platform on a trailer that rides on rollers on a framework. I looked for a couple of hours the other day, found no plans other than what I linked.

Here I thought maybe I was loosing it when someone said he didn't need to start a new thread, I knew when I first posted there was nothing in the headline that said anything on a trailer. Then I go back and look and it has rollback trailer in it, and I was sure I read it right, now the truth comes out dinger change it, thank you I know i'm not going nutz. :nono: :sweat: :smash: :thumbup:

BOB

A-Bar-D Ranch 07-09-2011 10:08 AM

Easy Load Rollback Trailer

I currently own the Exclusive Rights to the Patten for the Rollback Trailer. Feel free to contact me about haveing a trailer built but the plans are not for sell. :nono: Look for Easy Load Rollback Trailer on YouTube or on our Website.

xxxxxBLOCKAIDRUNNER 07-09-2011 10:53 AM

Thanks for the offer

If you are the one that came up with that trailer, you really come up with one sweet trailer and I congratulate on it, thatís one nice trailer.
Iím sure I canít afford one but thanks for the offer. I had to retire a few years shy of full retirement because of back injury (19 surgeries to date).
Living of SS now, donít leave a lot for our big boy toys, lol.
You got something real nice with that trailer and it should do good for you, good luck with it.
Thanks for responding
Alan

TubeTek 07-10-2011 09:13 PM

Alan,
Here is the patent information on the rollback trailer. http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5092623.pdf

Maybe you can get some information that'll help you by downloading the sketches and description of how it works.

The patent was filed in August of 1990, which means it would have expired in August of 2010 under the standard 20 years from date of filing rules of the USPTO.

FWIW, it is a violation of Federal law to make a public claim that an item you are selling is patented unless that item is indeed covered by an active patent. Perhaps A Bar D would like to come back and show a reference to some other patent he holds exclusive rights to since it appears this patent by Melvin Swanner, which he refers to on another forum, would seem to be in the public domain.