NEWBE Hot Rodder Here - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Motorcycle and Hot Rodding

Wiki Edits: 0

NEWBE Hot Rodder Here

Hello everyone. My name is Marc and I just found this site and decided to join.
A little about myself, I spent 16 1/2 years in the service, much of that time I was in Special Forces. I finished my enlistment with the National Guard in November 2005 and I am working with my business full time doing LED and Neon Lighting for motorcycles, cars, trucks, streetrods, you name it I light it!

I am also Harley Davidson certified and just opened up another business and a shop to not only work and build custom motorcycles, but take my long dream of a 1948 3100 Series Chevy Panel Truck that I always wanted when I was 15 years old when I saw my first one, but my dad wouldn't get it for me.

So I found my dream on e-bay in April 2004. The man I bought it from had purchased the truck from a man in Fort Worth and brought it to Michigan. I bought the truck and the man I bought it from was surprised to see it go back to Texas. The truck used to belong to Dallas Independent School District, so it has always been and will be a Texas truck.

After getting my shop at the first of this year, I had plenty of room to start tearing her down. The truck has been stored indoors for 35 years, there is some surface rust and of course the normal rust out spots on the lower rear corner on the back of the Panel, and the kick panel inside and some on the passenger cowl and driverside cowl as well. Some rust out, (not much) on the bottom of the cab doors. Other than that the body is very clean, only one rear fender with a minor dent in it.

My paint scheme will be a lime green metallic for the body and black for the fenders and running boards. All the chrome inside and out will be black chrome. The front of the truck will have ghost flames done in gold. My fiance' says it will take me over a year and of course some of my friends say longer. I say it will be done by the end of summer maybe beginning of Fall. It pays when you have a business and can use spare time for little working on projects!

Once the Panel is done of course I will test drive it to make sure everything is AOK, then the Panel will get parked, as my next project will be to build a custom bike with a 48 Harley Davidson Panhead motor with the same paint scheme as the Panel and of course put it inside the truck, then the truck will be brought to car and truck shows for the first year, then it will be a daily driver, (both of them).

Yes, a lot of work, but I am determined and motivated!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2006, 11:16 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

WELCOME TO HOTRODDERS.COM

The Most Innovative Site on the Net

Thanks for joining

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 02-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Welcome to the Hotrodders Bulletin Board, Glad to have you with us.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.