Newbie - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 06:04 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Nothing special about me. Retired and love old cars,motorcycles,and tools.
Current projects include a 42 Dodge business coupe,33 Plymouth coupe,32 Ford coupe,and 34 Ford pu. Have very little interest in restored cars and even less interest in show cars,including the so-called "Rat Rod" cars. Like 50's and 60's style hot rods or unrestored originals that run and drive.

The 42 coupe is getting a 2x1 intake,split exhausts,and finned aluminum head on the original 6 banger.

The 33 Plymouth coupe is getting a DeSoto hemi.

The 34 Ford pu is getting a 312 Y-Block with the E-Bird setup.

The 32 coupe is getting a semi-radical 350 Chevy dummied up to look like a 283 instead of a modern motor because I will probably sell it after driving it for a few months,and see no need to put a good motor in it. If I keep it,I'll pull the 350 to sell to some dweeb,and it gets a 324 Olds,a Y-Block,a nailhead Buick,or a 409 Chevy. Or maybe my other DeSoto hemi.

Advertisement

Last edited by arthur; 08-20-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Welcome to Hotrodders Arthur......Put a nail had in it...nothing reeks hotrod like a Buick nailhead with multiple carbs. 6 deuces would really be cool!
Old 08-20-2007, 08:22 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

nailhead

Thanks for the welcome,Henry. Yeah,I like the nailheads,too. Have two 322's.
The thing is I also have a couple of Y-Blocks,and ain't nothing on the planet sounds nastier than a Y-block with glasspacks. Then there is the 324 Olds with 3 2's,the hemi,and the 409 with the old style curved script Edelbrock valve covers and 6 2's.

Besides,I'm kinda saving the one nailhead to put in my 38 Ford humpback if the original flattie ever dies. I already have the trans adaptor and motor mounts to bolt it in there. The narrow little nailhead fits in those close spaces really well,and the 32 is fenderless with a extended wheelbase like a altered gas coupe from the 60's,and has all the room in the world to put anything. Not that it really matters because I'm pretty sure I'll sell the coupe after driving it for a few months in order to get the financing to finish a few of my other projects. I'm too old,fat,and crippled to be trying to get in and out of a chanelled coupe anyhow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.