Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Newbie with 355 issues. Please no flames
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 07:51 AM
www.krusinklassics.net

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

DV is dead nuts on, but I would like to add a bit. Since I'm nver one to leave something alone, I thought I would throw my 2 cents in. If I were doing this, I would think back on what pistons I put in there. Also, shoot out the casting numbers of the heads so we can all see what the chamber size is. They could range anywhere from 58cc to 76cc.

If you remember having dished pistons you could opt for a decent set of heads with 58cc chambers...or at the very least, 64cc. If cost is a prohibitive factor, you could always grab a set of 305 HO heads like the 416s to bump up that compression. Yes, they will require some mods to be able to you use the cam you have.

I would also get a dist curve kit and use one silver spring and one blue spring to get mechanical advance all in by roughly 3000 rpm. If you can find someone who knows how, or you can research a way to do it yourself, you could limit the mech advance to about a 14* or 16* swing. @ at 16* swing, you could set your initial timing at 20* , use a 10* vac can to make that 30* and you'll have a WOT timing at about 36* above 3000 rpm.

That will give you a nice snappy little SBC. Now, if cost is a huge factor and performance is on the back burner, stab a stock-like cam in there, or the one that DV recommended, and call it a day.