Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Newbie follies (part 2) - please help me learn from my mistakes
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 01:27 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclopsblown34 View Post
Are you spraying with what I refer to as a Kirby? Pretty much a high powered vacuum but being used as a blower? I've known one person to use one of them and he turned out some killer work but it was always colorsanded and buffed, nothing slick right off the gun. Overspray was minimal though, way better than with my HVLP or RP guns.
Yes, that's what I am using. It laid pretty darn flat in some places. I'm not going to be doing full cars so maybe a little post spray work will be acceptable. At most I'll do a hood but more likely just small interior panels, small parts (like a spiltter for the front end) and black panles for airbrush art.

My first task will be to get the very most I can out of this gun and then determine the next step. So far I have made a massive improvement with Rays advice. I do need a new compressor though so maybe a small detail gun will be in the future. No worries, some more trial and error and feedback for you good people and I am confident my needs will be meet.